3A BlueCross Bowl: Alcoa vs. CPA

AlcoaBasketball

Call it being a Master Manipulator . Rankin knows how to get what he wants being a '"bully" on the field and a manipulator off the field. It's all about him. Just ask some of the players and parents when he makes promises he does not keep..... handles playing time during games..... and how he handles their concerns.

The "insiders" know..........

I disagree with the promises and playing time. Playing time is not up to parents, at all. That is only for a coach to decide. Promises? Best kid plays, bottom line, end of story. The worst thing that can happen to any football team is politics and parents become to involved in playing time. This part of Rankin's style is an attribute, he is the first and last and all in between one who decides who plays and how much and that's how it should be. Now as far as x's and o's....he is average. Edited by UpperCumberlandMan

It doesn't look like some of these Alcoa fans think Rankin can coach. I think some of their fans don't remember the bad days. I remember the Alcoa seasons when they were lucky to have 30 kids out for football.As a Maryville fan I will never forget what it was like in the late 80s and early 90s for Maryville. It was a lot of 5-5 seasons. That is why Rebel fans love George Quarles and his staff so much. It will be a sad day when George quits coaching at Maryville.

Bullies can win games....the real coaches like Quarles know it's not all about them.  Hypothetically put Rankin at Maryville and Quarles at Alcoa and see how that works out in your head.

Call it being a Master Manipulator . Rankin knows how to get what he wants being a '"bully" on the field and a manipulator off the field. It's all about him. Just ask some of the players and parents when he makes promises he does not keep..... handles playing time during games..... and how he handles their concerns.

The "insiders" know..........

Trust me, the last thing I want to do is ask players and parents about playing time. Not at Alcoa. Not at CPA. Not at any school.

I'm still not buying that there is a large faction of dissatisfied Alcoa supporters that don't like Rankin. The voting booth is private and your vote is secret. If the issue is as you say, I can't imagine a bond issue getting the votes to pass. I'm certainly not an "insider", but if the disappointment over Rankin is even a tenth of what you claim, I would be shocked. It just doesn't pass the smell test to me (from 200 miles away).

I personally think Alcoa can win it all at the next level. They have a lot of good players coming up. They did beat Maryville in the freshman game and also dog whipped us in the JV game 35-0. I wouldn't sell Alcoa short on anything regarding the future. I also understand some peoples dislike regarding some things under Rankin and no I wouldn't trade GQ for him  because of his great skills on running the offense the way he does but when you run Rankin off so goes your football team and I would bet the house on it.