3A BlueCross Bowl: Alcoa vs. CPA

AlcoaBasketball

I have met robjim, and he is ugly.

The pot calling the kettle.....

APB, did give me my honorary goon shirt, so he's not too bad!

Anyway, love to stop down and buy all the Alcoa folks a dog and coke, but not sure I'll have a chance to leave the pressbox. Just hope the rain stays away!!

Edited by robjim

My take on the CPA Alcoa matchup.

I see a similar game to last year. Physical pound the rock football. Alcoa's offensive line is basically the same as last year with a bit bigger and faster Mr. Football finalist #60. Same powerhouse RB #2 and Mr football finalist. This year's defense is easily better especially at ends and LB. They have put serious pressure on QB's.

The secondary is basically the same as last year. They gave up a few plays to some great D1 WR's. ...but for the most part have been solid.

What has changed from last year for CPA?

There was way too much scrolling required on the last one. OK, CoachT fans from the team behind at half buys one corndog at halftime for one other team's CoachT fans. Deal?? The more of us that meet, the more free corndogs. C'mon, Coach, Matt, Robjim and others - back me up on this.

Nerd,

If you can get Robjim to spring for a corn dog, I want to see it!

My take on the CPA Alcoa matchup.

I see a similar game to last year. Physical pound the rock football. Alcoa's offensive line is basically the same as last year with a bit bigger and faster Mr. Football finalist #60. Same powerhouse RB #2 and Mr football finalist. This year's defense is easily better especially at ends and LB. They have put serious pressure on QB's.

The secondary is basically the same as last year. They gave up a few plays to some great D1 WR's. ...but for the most part have been solid.

What has changed from last year for CPA?

I would say the biggest difference is not in different or better athletes, but maturity, especially at the QB position. Weatherly and Hockaday alternated last year and at times, Weatherly was a wide eyed soph.. This year Hockaday is one of 3 good running backs that all bring something a bit different, and he mostly plays LB where he leads the defense. Weatherly reads defenses well, is a great  passer and can run when needed.

This is the first senior class that has been with Coach Martin all 4 years, and they know the system and it is a good one.

I also think this year's team has more overall team speed. Of course, the challenge is that it is one thing to get to Tyson fast, but you also have to get him down. Tough thing to do.

CPA is more sound this year in execution and special teams, a result of 4 years under Martin and his staff.

I hope Mr. Football nominee Howell is well enough to play, especially since he is a senior and he has worked so hard to help the team get this far.

CPA is a bit banged up. Not a good thing when you are facing the Tornadoes, but they will not be surprised at what Alcoa brings - they saw it last year. Rain will not be a factor. Cold and wind is more of an issue and that is not forecast.

That's my take, FWIW.

I am looking forward to this game. Alcoa has had some battles this year. Mainly because teams know who we are and what we do. The upside to that is we have had to gut it out, stayed focused, and sometime win a little differently. 4 qtrs of football is what it will take to beat this CPA team.

After seeing what I have seen on the practice field, I think Coach has seen something in this CPA team that he can exploit.

Good luck and hopes for sn injury free game.

Edited by lessur

The second thread didn't just get locked; it got deleted. I guess it really did get that bad.

We'll be on to roundball ourselves after this Friday, so feel free to come hit me up in the hoop threads. Whatever other sports your son plays, if any, good luck! :thumb:

make sure to hit up the 8aa basketball thread after Friday. Upperman beat Smyrna, LA beat Riverdale and Oakland, Cannon come within a hair of upsetting East Nashville....should be a good bball season around here. Edited by UpperCumberlandMan

make sure to hit up the 8aa basketball thread after Friday. Upperman beat Smyrna, LA beat Riverdale and Oakland, Cannon come within a hair of upsetting East Nashville....should be a good bball season around here.

Aight. I think the closest we'll get out there is when we go to Stone Memorial in early January. I don't think we'll be playing any other teams out that way unless we play in a Christmas tournament or something, which I think the Lady T's are playing in LA's tourney in December.