Region 6 5A: 2015 (9AAA & 12 AAA)

TheRealTruth

Went to Hville's annual lift a thon this past Tuesday and came away impressed. Always good to see how hard the young men have worked over the winter and to see the gains in strength and size for the entire team but especially our young linemen. We had right at 100 participants and with several playing baseball we should have a pretty full roster next fall. Anxious to see spring practice which starts on Apr 20th with a scrimmage at Smyrna on May 1st.

Congratulations and good luck to former Gallatin Green Wave and Tennessee Tech grad, Cody Matthews.

Cody received the Tennessee Tech Scholar-Athlete award and the co-winner of the C.R. Bickerstaff/Coach Bill Pace University Scholar-Athlete award. During his senior year at Gallatin in 2010, Cody was honored at the National Football Foundation Middle Tennessee Chapter awards banquet with the Charles W Hawkins II scholar athlete award. He was also voted to the Capital One/CoSIDA Academic All-District team and named to the Football Championship Subdivision Athletic Director's Association Academic All-Star. He also captured The OVC Medal Of Honor for the highest GPA among all football members of the of the OVC.

Cody, who played QB/LB/S at Gallatin, ranks as one of the top receivers and TTU history and became the first member of the university to receive the award. He has already began work on his MBA this semester.

Cody also recently finished the National Football League combine and looks to go to the next level as he participates in Tennessee Tech's pro day on April 8th.

Good luck and God bless to Cody Matthews.

Go Green Wave!

Congratulations and good luck to former Gallatin Green Wave and Tennessee Tech grad, Cody Matthews.

Cody received the Tennessee Tech Scholar-Athlete award and the co-winner of the C.R. Bickerstaff/Coach Bill Pace University Scholar-Athlete award. During his senior year at Gallatin in 2010, Cody was honored at the National Football Foundation Middle Tennessee Chapter awards banquet with the Charles W Hawkins II scholar athlete award. He was also voted to the Capital One/CoSIDA Academic All-District team and named to the Football Championship Subdivision Athletic Director's Association Academic All-Star. He also captured The OVC Medal Of Honor for the highest GPA among all football members of the of the OVC.

Cody, who played QB/LB/S at Gallatin, ranks as one of the top receivers and TTU history and became the first member of the university to receive the award. He has already began work on his MBA this semester.

Cody also recently finished the National Football League combine and looks to go to the next level as he participates in Tennessee Tech's pro day on April 8th.

Good luck and God bless to Cody Matthews.

Go Green Wave!

Played against some studs in high school but Cody was without a doubt one of the best "TRUE football players" I played against. That Hville Gallatin game for the region in 08' was a classic. I just remember how determined of a player he was on the field. Congrats to him and best of luck

• 2 weeks later...

Mj loses another coach. please tell me it's a better job he's taking. Because he's taking a step down in the coaching ladder.

Every off season they have lost at least one coach. Not my problem anymore.

Edited by WCP

Mj loses another coach. please tell me it's a better job he's taking. Because he's taking a step down in the coaching ladder.

Every off season they have lost at least one coach. Not my problem anymore.

Hey WCP; hope you are doing well. Who did the Bears lose?  Coaches come and go for various reasons as we all know. Tell us the scoop. Maybe we should start a new topic since MJ isn't in Region 6- 5A . See Region 3 ( 6A-32 ) .

Edited by BKisler