Region 6 5A: 2015 (9AAA & 12 AAA)

TheRealTruth

Not sure what RuCo has to do with it, wouldn't even play a RuCo team until state championship unless they scheduled one. You gotta fit your offense around your personnel, not the other way around. I actually think the Wing-T was a good fit because they were just as likely to throw out of it as they were to run.

I understand and agree to some extent. At the same time, there's a stark difference between formation and philosophy. You can be a power run team and still spread the field through formation. You walk people out of the box with formation. That doesn't mean you have to throw the ball around. You can still run the ball inside and have at least 4 less players to block.

I mentioned RuCo as they are the measuring stick to 6A football in Middle TN.

Edited by eers

I understand and agree to some extent. At the same time, there's a stark difference between formation and philosophy. You can be a power run team and still spread the field through formation. You walk people out of the box with formation. That doesn't mean you have to throw the ball around. You can still run the ball inside and have at least 4 less players to block.

I mentioned RuCo as they are the measuring stick to 6A football in Middle TN.

I agree but at the end of the day, you can't ask your kids to do something they can't do. The Wing-T has evolved so much that you can spread a defense just as much as you could with any spread/pro-form offense. Wing-T also forces a defense to be disciplined because if you blitz, you better guess right or its a big play.

I just think it's unfair to use RuCo as a measuring stick because they have a pretty big advantage over schools like MJ in alot of areas

I agree but at the end of the day, you can't ask your kids to do something they can't do. The Wing-T has evolved so much that you can spread a defense just as much as you could with any spread/pro-form offense. Wing-T also forces a defense to be disciplined because if you blitz, you better guess right or its a big play.

I just think it's unfair to use RuCo as a measuring stick because they have a pretty big advantage over schools like MJ in alot of areas

I don't think changing a formation is asking anyone to do something they can't. If you want to talk about the associated philosophy or playcalling, that's a different story altogether. I could argue a zone read concept, while counting defenders can also lead to mismatches with a run/pass threat on every play. There's a lot more to it than the movement and angles associated with the Wing-T.

RuCo is still the standard for 6A, fair or not.

I don't think changing a formation is asking anyone to do something they can't. If you want to talk about the associated philosophy or playcalling, that's a different story altogether. I could argue a zone read concept, while counting defenders can also lead to mismatches with a run/pass threat on every play. There's a lot more to it than the movement and angles associated with the Wing-T.

RuCo is still the standard for 6A, fair or not.

When I think of teams running the Spread, I think of it as a team having the guys to make plays in space. Every offense has its strengths and weaknesses, as well as showing the kind of players a team needs for said offense to be successful.

I'm just kind of suprised that MJ would go away from something that worked so well for them. The Spread isnt the boogeyman for defenses it once was because they've seen it enough now to where teams can stop it.

Edited by MidTennFootball

When I think of teams running the Spread, I think of it as a team having the guys to make plays in space. Every offense has its strengths and weaknesses, as well as showing the kind of players a team needs for said offense to be successful.

I'm just kind of suprised that MJ would go away from something that worked so well for them. The Spread isnt the boogeyman for defenses it once was because they've seen it enough now to where teams can stop it.

I agree. Teams see the spread a lot nowadays and defenses are schemed to stopping it. Makes think that an old wishbone type offense like what Germantown used to run would make a good offense in today's age. You definitely don't see that or the triple option anymore.

I agree. Teams see the spread a lot nowadays and defenses are schemed to stopping it. Makes think that an old wishbone type offense like what Germantown used to run would make a good offense in today's age. You definitely don't see that or the triple option anymore.

Not many coaches left that know how to run an effective wishbone or triple option offense. On the flip side of the coin there aren't many coache left that know how to defend it either.

I'm forced to be a firm believer in that thought, MJ constantly has undefeated teams in Middle school, freshman teams, JV... Kids quit, transfer, drop out, move away, stop playing due to family or personal issues, etc. Basically there is this thing called life that halts many good athletes from continuing to play.

A Good example is my son. He has been the starting Center his last 3 years and has played all 5 years at this position. He informed me after his Freshmen season was over this year that he's not interested in playing next year and possibly never again. It hurt a little when he informed me because he is a good player and absolutely loved playing football over the years but at some point he has lost the will to continue. Once you hit high school there is really no off season anymore and that is exactly why alot of kids decide not to play past middle school.

So Stewart's Creek out?

Does region 5 come down to coin flip. I'm scratching my head at these tie breakers.

1 Indy vs 4 Cane Ridge

2 Hendersonville vs. 3 ??

2. ?? Vs. 3 Beech

1 Hillsboro vs 4 ??

All 4 teams in Region 5 behind Indy finished 4-3 in region play if I'm lookin at all the scores right.

Lavergne and Stewerts Creek overall 6-4

shelbyville and Lincoln Co overall 7-3

Lavergn beat Lincoln Co

Stewart's creek beat shelbyville

Shelbyville beat lavergne

LC beat shelbyville and Stewart's creek

Gonna go to quite the tiebreak at least region 6 was somewhat easy to figure.

I'm guessing Mondo is right since the better two overall records are #2 LC then #3 Shelbyville (LC winning H2H).

The #4 seed falls to lavergne since they beat Stewart's Creek H2H

Edited by BarnBurner09