MARYVILLE 2015

PassiveAggressive

As a long time Dobyns-Bennett fan, I think its great we are in the same "league" now. Look forward to seeing your team in person here in Kingsport next year. Hope many of your fans make the trip as I think (and I am biased) we have an outstanding high school football experience on Friday nights. I used to live in Maryville and have always said that I see our communities as very similar. I respect your program more than any in the state - good luck (except against D-B) this year . . . although I suspect you won't need any luck.

We respect DB also. Our former head coach Ted Wilson coaches at DB. I remember going to Newport with 2 of my friends to watch DB play Cocke County. This was in the late 80's. I never saw worse officiating in my life. Refs did everything to try to help Cocke County win. I remember a Cocke County Nose Guard kicking the football about 3 yards after the ball was spotted. Instead of a penalty the refs spotted the ball where the bricked ball quit rolling. I wonder if any DB fans remember that. I remember Ted Wilson was going nuts.

I do remember and oh I remember the booooos !! a dangerous place in that parking lot before and after the games there !! Ted would get fired up and was a great coach !

We respect DB also. Our former head coach Ted Wilson coaches at DB. I remember going to Newport with 2 of my friends to watch DB play Cocke County. This was in the late 80's. I never saw worse officiating in my life. Refs did everything to try to help Cocke County win. I remember a Cocke County Nose Guard kicking the football about 3 yards after the ball was spotted. Instead of a penalty the refs spotted the ball where the bricked ball quit rolling. I wonder if any DB fans remember that. I remember Ted Wilson was going nuts.

Well I'm glad your sources are solid and I trust your judgement. I hate bringing up the past but last year when Alcoa JV beat us 35-0 they beat the line to pieces and some of those kids that started that game on the line are some of the new linemen. I do know one thing for a fact about football that for some reason or another some kids that you never heard of come out of nowhere and develop over the winter and I hope that is the case here. I love surprises like that myself. Hope we come out of that Ensworth game injury free. Been a little worried about that because i'm sure their loaded again.

JV always tells how kids will perform in Varsity. I'm sure Maryville has had a JV that's won 95% of the games since 2000 as well.

JV always tells how kids will perform in Varsity. I'm sure Maryville has had a JV that's won 95% of the games since 2000 as well.

Unbelievable but no. Last year I think they won most but the Alcoa loss was kind of a loss for words. Most JV teams we played last year had 20-30 players while we had 55.  I have a lot of friends from Alcoa that have kids that play there and I've had to listen all year long why they think the future holds bright for them and how they whipped our line all over the place that night. My friends from Maryville might think I'm over concerned but I have been beaten to death with a stick all winter from Alcoa people thinking the tide is going to turn. The one thing I do know about Maryville is that David Ellis is the best line coach in the State of Tennessee bar none and he could walk down the halls of Maryville and pick five boy's and coach them into being a great line. My thoughts are that we may not be as deep there as usual but that improves as the season goes. There are always going to be a thin area somewhere but another group coming back usually takes up the slack.  I wished we had played a spring scrimmage game against another team to know just how things are going to look but GQ got away from that the past couple of years. I don't argue with someone that has won 30 in a row but we will have a tough one tonight against Enworth. If your goal is the top then you have to play the best to get good no matter of the outcome.

Unbelievable but no. Last year I think they won most but the Alcoa loss was kind of a loss for words. Most JV teams we played last year had 20-30 players while we had 55. I have a lot of friends from Alcoa that have kids that play there and I've had to listen all year long why they think the future holds bright for them and how they whipped our line all over the place that night. My friends from Maryville might think I'm over concerned but I have been beaten to death with a stick all winter from Alcoa people thinking the tide is going to turn. The one thing I do know about Maryville is that David Ellis is the best line coach in the State of Tennessee bar none and he could walk down the halls of Maryville and pick five boy's and coach them into being a great line. My thoughts are that we may not be as deep there as usual but that improves as the season goes. There are always going to be a thin area somewhere but another group coming back usually takes up the slack. I wished we had played a spring scrimmage game against another team to know just how things are going to look but GQ got away from that the past couple of years. I don't argue with someone that has won 30 in a row but we will have a tough one tonight against Enworth. If your goal is the top then you have to play the best to get good no matter of the outcome.

im assuming that you are a long time fan of the Rebels, if that be the case then you how the M vs A games go.