Knoxville area ball

PurpleFan

• Replies 157
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm new to Knoxville and was just curious who the top teams and players to watch were in the Knoxville area. Thank you in advance for any suggestions.

Oak ridge has a really good team and are well coached. Have two players u gotta see in Higgins and Gee. Both sophomores but are fantastic players. Carter has three solid kids and they run "The system" and average about 90 points a game. I'm a CC fan and think the Toress kid is the best pg in East Tennessee. Davey Crockett if they come close to Knoxville is worth going to watch. They are good and they fundamental u to death. Bearden is fun to watch, the smith and fair kids are nice players. I'm sure these other guys know some more but these are the guys I like to watch.

CC is correct. Oak ridge is the best team in the Knoxville area. Excellent talent and coaching is obvious. I would throw Webb in the mix in Knoxville with excellent coach and two D1 signees in Jenkins and Whiteside. Fulton is always a contender for a title with their coaching and defense. They just held Carter who was mentioned above to 51 points when they were averaging 90. Bearden is always well coached and steady with super quick Fair and good post in Smith. Catholic can be fun to watch but they are inconsistent and that comes with starting 4 sophomores. Luke Smith is as good a PG as there is in the area.

Fulton lost to halls. That's why I didn't mention them. Their winless in a mediocre district. Explain that to me.

We lost to halls it was our 3rd game in the season when most teams had been playing for a few weeks at that time... 8 of our 12 man roster was fresh off a state football championship... And they beat us by 1 a tough loss at halls... Like I said in 2014 lol let us get into a rhythm and fulton will be right in the mix as usual... And halls gave OR arguably there toughest game of the season until last week only losing by 2... Fulton is one of the better teams in the knoxville area...

Carter was without their starting pg (concussion) and their leading scorer at 26.6 ppg played about 7 min and fouled out with 4 points. Fulton played a great game and deserve all the credit. Carter should be back to full strength when they play again on the 16th at Carter.

I saw this game and I don't think it had much to do with Carter's starting point guard being out, and when Bowden fouled out, Fulton was already up 25-30 points.  It came down to Carter having 3 players and Fulton having 10-11. 

I saw this game and I don't think it had much to do with Carter's starting point guard being out, and when Bowden fouled out, Fulton was already up 25-30 points. It came down to Carter having 3 players and Fulton having 10-11.

Ageed .. the Carter coach is responsible forvthe kid fouling out early .. I mean you got your best player on the court in 3rd qtr early with 4 fouls .. thats coaching .. Dont know who he is trying to look like with his slick back dark hair.. had nothing to do with who played and who didnt .. Fulton had some key guys in foul trouble too .. like u said .. Carter had 3 or 4 and Fulton had 10 .. Carter had not seen that kinda defense this year ..

Ageed .. the Carter coach is responsible forvthe kid fouling out early .. I mean you got your best player on the court in 3rd qtr early with 4 fouls .. thats coaching .. Dont know who he is trying to look like with his slick back dark hair.. had nothing to do with who played and who didnt .. Fulton had some key guys in foul trouble too .. like u said .. Carter had 3 or 4 and Fulton had 10 .. Carter had not seen that kinda defense this year ..

Tadvols.....you need spell check!!!!!!!!!!!!!   Your either a disgruntled parent or an idiot......Carter's starting PG was not playing and #3 for Carter picked up his 3rd at the end of the 1st...his last 2 were bogus calls...he sits for the whole 2nd qtr and and had to play the third with 4 or do you sit him with the game pulling away.... fouls out....Carter is playing a sophomore and freshman at PG  so it was trouble from the start...as far as coaching the guy obviously had to gamble so that the game wouldn't get away which it did anyway...if you know anything about basketball the offense starts and ends through your PG....same thing happened to Carter last year at Fulton....one game doesn't make or break a season but you can certainly learn from it. It wasn't the defense Fulton played it was lack of PG play....go back to B-Ball 101...