Miss Basketball Nominations

FridayMainEvent

Heckert plays for West Carroll who has led her team to 27-0. She has had a double-double in nearly every game. Has had two triple-doubles this year and scored her 1000th point this year.

Also, Myah Taylor being left off from Dyersburg is ridiculous as well. Unbelievable!

Rural West TN got snubbed BIG TIME.  Madison Heckert (A) West Carroll and Myah Taylor (AA) Dyersburg should have both ABSOLUTELY been nominated.  Heckert should have WON.

Stats?

I know that Heckert has to be averaging a double-double. 

I know more about Myah Taylor.  44 points against Liberty Tech. is her season high  Averaging nearly a double-double at 23+ points & 9+ rebounds, she has earned a scholarship to play at UTM. She has 2 triple doubles and numerous double-doubles to go along with setting multiple school records including most 3 pointers in a season and most 3 pointers in a game which she set this season. She is nearing the 2,000 point mark for her career. Someone posted a great image in this thread on page 3 I believe, that highlights more of Myah's credentials.

I can't believe that either of these 2 young ladies were left out.

How did Hammaker make this list in AA this year? Would have made much more sense last year. There are many many more deserving in AA this year. What a shame. It's all political.

There is always room to question every year. What is the criteria? I believe there are, at minimum, academic and individual stats elements considered. Do the voters consider team results? At times this seems to be a career achievement award rather than the best performance for the season. At other times it seems to be a popularity contest. Regardless, I'm not a CAK fan, but you would be hard pressed to name a better individual player from AA in TN. Unfortunately, deserving players are left out every year.