State pick 'em

Ijustdontunderstand

Cleveland wins another but to EVERYBODY who said Cleveland and BC were on a completely different level, you have to admit that WC earned Chattanooga's respect tonight.

WC has gotten respect for being a state finalist three years in a row, no doubt. EVERYBODY had BC and WC ranked over CHS most of the season, glad to see Cleveland finish at the top once again. Great job to Yost and staff and all of the Blue Raider Wrestlers!

Father Ryan vs Baylor is a barn burner. 17-15 Baylor at 182. Baylor avoided giving up some bigger bonus against father Ryan's studs and so did father Ryan. The Nashville ref on that mat needs to call it both ways . He called stalking on Baylor for sprawling twice but let father Ryan lay on the mat not even trying to wrestle at 160.

Cleveland vs Wilson central 23-21 at 285. Cleveland beat Kramer in overtime at 220.

Father Ryan vs Baylor is a barn burner. 17-15 Baylor at 182. Baylor avoided giving up some bigger bonus against father Ryan's studs and so did father Ryan. The Nashville ref on that mat needs to call it both ways . He called stalking on Baylor for sprawling twice but let father Ryan lay on the mat not even trying to wrestle at 160.

Cleveland vs Wilson central 23-21 at 285. Cleveland beat Kramer in overtime at 220.[/quote Cleveland at 220 won by stalling 6 minutes and getting away with it]

Cleveland vs Wilson central 23-21 at 285. Cleveland beat Kramer in overtime at 220.

Stalling was very bad in this match, but I think it was baylor with a little more stalling than father ryan did.

Stalling was very bad in this match, but I think it was baylor with a little more stalling than father ryan did.

Oh no doubt, both teams had matches where their goal was to not get pinned. The one ref in question called stalling on a Baylor kid multiple times for sprawling though. He wasn't backing up or running and had taken two shots of his own prior to that. I don't remember what weight it was. Then the next match I watched was 160 and clearly the Father Ryan was trying to not get pinned but the same ref didn't even warn the Father Ryan wrestler and he didn't even attempt an offensive move . Then in another match he gave a warning and a point in the first period in Father Ryan's favor and it was the same thing, sprawling is not the same as stalling or backing up. Then in one of the heavier matches, I think it was 220, the Baylor wrestler had under hooks and the Farher Ryan wrestler backed up out of bounds while blocking wth his head three times in a row. A couple of other refs I spoke with seemed like they thought he was a little biased. I didn't see all of the matches as I was caught up in the Cleveland vs Wc match so it may have been just a coincidence those were the ones I watched. Overall I thought the officiating was pretty good and the tournament was ran well.

Edited by rgiii

I for one I did not feel the officiating was bad or even biased! IMO, it was terrible! The official has the best seat in the house and should officiate as if he were in his lazyboy watching the match in HD. Too many times the officials are looking to call something to show everyone how much they know and that they belong in the state tournament. They would be much better served by taking a "CHILL PILL" and just calling what is very obvious. If the official has any thoughts of if it is the proper call they should swallow their whistle.