Region 3- ( 6A-32 )

BKisler

I'm originally from MJ so I'll always pull for the Bears. My son is an incoming Freshmen. GHS at SC Freshmen game is scheduled for Sep 24th. You and GWave come on out and we can introduce ourselves.

How does SC freshman team look to be? I know Gallatin has a few solid athletes coming up. Not sure about how team will be.

The potential is there but this is a very big transitioning year for kids at this age and seeing that they havent done anything but conditioning as of now its just way too early to tell. Several new additions to this team that didn't play for SCMS last year that will help plus the coaching will be a big upgrade.

The potential is there but this is a very big transitioning year for kids at this age and seeing that they havent done anything but conditioning as of now its just way too early to tell. Several new additions to this team that didn't play for SCMS last year that will help plus the coaching will be a big upgrade.

Good to hear. I hope we see some good competition coming up. I have heard SCMS coaching was not very impressive. It does help SC getting some from Knox Doss and Rucker Stewart. Gallatin should get some really good athletes from Shafer as well as Rucker Stewart.

• 2 weeks later...

Recruiters? What about what Nick Saban, Les Miles, Hugh Freeze, Dan Mullen, Mark Stoops, Butch Jones, James Franklin, Derek Mason, Darrell Hazell, and Larry Fedora think!?

Ha! I mean, those guys have no clue about football or recruiting!!!

You should know by now UCM's word and opinion is golden. FWIW, I believe Angel is clearly better than Vic too. Coaches have seen both players in shorts at camps, and with pads on during actual games. They all always come to the same conclusion too. There is a perfectly good reason coaches and recruiting analysts consider Angel to be the better prospect, and that is because he simply is better all around. Vic is a fine player too, but he's not on the same level as Angel. Angel is a legit SEC prospect, whereas Vic is more on the Southern and Ohio Valley level. There is nothing wrong with that either though. Most high school players would absolutely kill to play football on any level in college. D1, FCS, DII, DIII, it doesn't really matter. When it comes down to it, football is football.

Maynard's offense is run orientated, so obviously Vic Johnson is going to have more opportunities to shine and make himself look good. Angel is only going to have limited chances to make plays catching the ball. Obviously he measures up in all aspects of the game at camps though.

Edited by DCTIGERFAN

• 3 weeks later...