who will be William blount next head coach?

No,

I was actually starting to think that the rumors of WB already having a coach in the bag were just to keep us entertained until Ridge officially resigned and things went into motion.

Getting closer 91. Not long to go now. The bag has not been opened.

Shadowens being investigated now by Boro police. May change things

I am sure he is a fine gentleman, but the four people over this hire better do their homework instead of jumping on him because he is a big name coach, or it could be a nightmare.

To quote an "insider" who is posting on the topic specific to Shad resigning. This is a response to someone who made several ignorant statements about a situation they know nothing about. Do your own research about this new Principal at Blackman before you pass judgement on Coach Shadowens.

"Not true! This all started back in August when the principal had changed an assistant coaches schedule so that he would have to teach during last period and Shad went to her to see if she could change it so that the coach could travel with the team on some away games as well as use that period for football prep. The principal refused, shook her finger in his face and basically told him that she didn't care and that was the way it was gonna be. Made it clear that she was the boss.

The article stated that the RCS investigation showed Shad of no wrongdoing, so why, when he has stated all along that he did nothing wrong would he accept responsibility and punishment. He also had trust in the booster club president that they were doing things the right way.

Also, where have you seen that he has thrown a fit and said a bunch of stuff that he regrets to the newspaper? All he has done is state that he has done nothing wrong and that the principal had made it clear that she didn't want him coaching, other than that he has pretty much remained quiet. It sounds more like if there were any improprieties that it was booster club, not Shad, therefore it would fall more on the booster club presidents shoulders. Which is fast becoming clear as to why he (booster club president) was against the community fighting for Shad and asking for answers and investigations into this matter."

And here's another response to the same poster.

"I'm not going to go into the personal attacks, because it's obvious you have no idea what you're talking about. As to the "rumor is" stuff.....that's all that is. But just to humor everybody, let's go down your road for a minute. You're saying all he had to to was "accept responsibility and punishment for the improprieties that were reported and he would still be coaching".... So he was supposed to have accepted responsibility for something he had ZERO control or responsibility over? The booster club and their funds are NOT the responsibility of the head coach. Just like Cat said earlier (who was Shad's BC Pres at Smyrna), Shad has never been involved with that aspect. So why are the same people that were responsible for the screw ups unaffected and now just spewing the party line and what they are told to say?"

To quote an "insider" who is posting on the topic specific to Shad resigning. This is a response to someone who made several ignorant statements about a situation they know nothing about. Do your own research about this new Principal at Blackman before you pass judgement on Coach Shadowens.

"Not true! This all started back in August when the principal had changed an assistant coaches schedule so that he would have to teach during last period and Shad went to her to see if she could change it so that the coach could travel with the team on some away games as well as use that period for football prep. The principal refused, shook her finger in his face and basically told him that she didn't care and that was the way it was gonna be. Made it clear that she was the boss.

The article stated that the RCS investigation showed Shad of no wrongdoing, so why, when he has stated all along that he did nothing wrong would he accept responsibility and punishment. He also had trust in the booster club president that they were doing things the right way.

Also, where have you seen that he has thrown a fit and said a bunch of stuff that he regrets to the newspaper? All he has done is state that he has done nothing wrong and that the principal had made it clear that she didn't want him coaching, other than that he has pretty much remained quiet. It sounds more like if there were any improprieties that it was booster club, not Shad, therefore it would fall more on the booster club presidents shoulders. Which is fast becoming clear as to why he (booster club president) was against the community fighting for Shad and asking for answers and investigations into this matter."

I have seen where a lot of people speak highly of him. The only thing I can't figure out is why did the board ban him from coaching anywhere in Rutherford Co. Do you know the answer?

If Meadows ends up coming back would he be able to repeat the success he had the last time he was here and/or take the program to an even higher level? I've been thinking about that alot lately and I don't know. I know i've idealized Meadows time at WB on here in the past, mostly because things have been so bad and I wanted things to be back to the way they were. But things have changed alot. The biggest reason I have reservations about Meadows coming back is I don't know if he can make the kids we have now winners. The last time Meadows was here It seemed like we had alot of self motivated guys that would work out on their own time and it seems like laziness and a lack of discipline has been a real issue with the teams we've had lately. My question is would Meadows be able to inspire the kids we have now to work harder and give 100%?

Edited by Governors91