Knox Grace Christian vs Clay County State Quartefinals

gcapride

pride, pal, this board is a lot nicer than our's! Nobody here telln you how much more superior their athletes are, how much better their coaches are,how it will be cute to see you battle so hard to only to be beaten like a dog...Kinda boring :mrgreen:

Not taking ANYTHING away from Clay County, but it looks like you guys got a tough opening round. Unless us or Clay County knocks off Mitchell, or you guys or somebody else knocks off Union City, it looks like TSSAA will get what they wanted when they went away from the blind draw. GCA, Clay Co and Hampton has to beat 'em all to win it. Let's go!

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Not taking ANYTHING away from Clay County, but it looks like you guys got a tough opening round. Unless us or Clay County knocks off Mitchell, or you guys or somebody else knocks off Union City, it looks like TSSAA will get what they wanted when they went away from the blind draw. GCA, Clay Co and Hampton has to beat 'em all to win it. Let's go!

Lets throw a Monkey wrench in it.

Actually I'll come to the TSSAA's defense on this one. Brackets weren't drawn up so UC and Mitchell would end up in the championship. Brackets were drawn up so it wasn't possible that any District foes could meet before the championship. Possible Mitchell/UC match-up was just a convenient by product.

Actually I'll come to the TSSAA's defense on this one. Brackets weren't drawn up so UC and Mitchell would end up in the championship. Brackets were drawn up so it wasn't possible that any District foes could meet before the championship. Possible Mitchell/UC match-up was just a convenient by product.

Thanks for the clarification, crazy. I just assumed the worst from the TSSAA. I have good reason to doubt those guys.....

Thanks for the clarification, crazy. I just assumed the worst from the TSSAA. I have good reason to doubt those guys.....

I'm not sure if that was the "official" plan, but if I'm not mistaking, all brackets from both boys and girls have it divided up where the two teams coming from each Section (Regions 1&2, 3&4, ect) were on opposite sides of the brackets.

It's what I love about state. You get to play teams you never see and vice-versa. so Mitchell and Union City are the favorites I suppose. But I bet GCA and Clay County have something to say about that. Everybody I talk to says Clay County is a good team. Have to believe that is true if they are in the final 8. But hey, GCA is in the final 8 right?

I like our little private school team of 10 and I like the 2 seniors on our team. Remember, the most amazing thing about the Davids vs the Goliths is that in that battle both sides had thousands of army members on their side. But because of fear both sides elected to settle things with just two men fighting.

ALL too often teams rely on one player in times of crisis or big games. The greatest thing about this Rams team is that all the guys have stepped up in different times. Championships most the time are built on a team. My prediction is the team that plays as a team and does not elect a Giant or a Giant Killer to fight for them.......has the best chance. The team whose parts and members each equally accept their accountability to perform and to bring to the fight what they have been given in talent, heart, and effort. It just takes 3 one point win boys.....It just takes 3.

Edited by 12thmanGCA

It's what I love about state. You get to play teams you never see and vice-versa. so Mitchell and Union City are the favorites I suppose. But I bet GCA and Clay County have something to say about that. Everybody I talk to says Clay County is a good team. Have to believe that is true if they are in the final 8. But hey, GCA is in the final 8 right?

I like our little private school team of 10 and I like the 2 seniors on our team. Remember, the most amazing thing about the Davids vs the Goliths is that in that battle both sides had thousands of army members on their side. But because of fear both sides elected to settle things with just two men fighting.

ALL too often teams rely on one player in times of crisis or big games. The greatest thing about this Rams team is that all the guys have stepped up in different times. Championships most the time are built on a team. My prediction is the team that plays as a team and does not elect a Giant or a Giant Killer to fight for them.......has the best chance. The team whose parts and members each equally accept their accountability to perform and to bring to the fight what they have been given in talent, heart, and effort. It just takes 3 one point win boys.....It just takes 3.

A private school is never the "david" in that scenario that's for sure!  Small county schools such as Clay County are the one's that can say that.  GCA recruits players just like all the other privates do so lets not paint the "whoa is me" picture when it comes to a private school.  Somehow this "little private school" seems to be at the top of just about every sport it plays in so if there is a "giant" killed GCA will be one of the giants.  Schools that recruit do not get to play the "david vs goliath" card my friend. :popcorneater:

Edited by UCSportsFan

I'm not saying Clay is David by any means but I think VB has like 240 kids and Clay 275. Looking forward to the game. I like our chances we have played a very tough district schedule along with tough Thanksgiving and Christmas tournaments. We should be ready to play.