TSSAA’s council considers split 3-11-15

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I bet you do. It puts Hampton down in 1A playing against teams that have 150 in their school. LMBO

Yeah we are the 3rd  smallest school in this system, I'd much rater be one of the bigger schools. I've grown to understand that its really a rural and urban problem, wish they would address both issues.

"The next step in what has felt like a painfully slow journey toward settling the public/private school debate in Tennessee high school sports was taken last week and the next one, which comes within the next four months, could finally decide the decades-old issue.

During last week's annual spring meeting the TSSAA Legislative Council called for a special meeting this summer -- in either late June or early July -- where a vote could be made on the proposal to completely split member schools strictly on the basis of public/private". "We need to go ahead and deal with it this calendar year because if there's a major change we need as much time as possible to plan for it before the next school year begins and since our next reclassification is less than two years away. Our member schools deserve to know how to prepare."

How does anybody see the private schools being aligned when they do split. There are not many private schools so do you group everyone together in one region and split them up for playoffs? Will they have A, AA, and AAA for football or just A and AA?

From what I hear it will be a A AA AAA set up. Will be based on enrollment numbers, and some sorta multiplier for schools giving schoolarships. My guess is the TSSAA will let the private schools put in alot of suggestions on how to set up thier system to keep them happy and on board with them. Myself, I would like to see private-public still play some non district games in regular seasons of all sports after the split.