Coach Aydelott

Why can't it be the other way?  His players close ranks and rally around him in a time of crisis.  It's evident that it wasn't a sanctioned fight-so why would it matter if he "took a beat down"?  C'mon Man!!!! 

Oh I totally agree with you on this...and that should be what happens...but we all know how hs kids are. If it happened to a teacher some kids would look on it as a weakness and I think the effectiveness would be diminished...that is the way they think...sad but true.

I know this may not be appropriate but in all honesty it's going to be hard for Ron to come back and be effective now. I would look at it from a kid's perspective and from mine if I were in this situation. The coach took a severe beat down from a kid. Yes it was criminal and the kid needs to be prosecuted but we all know he will be back on the streets...its the way the juvenile system works. I just don't think his players will look at him in the same manner now...and he will always be on the offensive. It's going to hurt his discipline no way around it. I just wonder if this would have happened with Rankin...and what would he have done if it did.

Ron Aydellot went to school in Metro. He coached most of his career in Metro. Aydellot knows better than most the dangers of dealings with unsavory characters, especially in a school setting. What happened to Ron Aydellot could have happened to Gary Rankin, or George Quarles or anybody else. Aydellot was sucker punched by an individual who has a record, he had no idea it was coming. Every team has a few bad apples, but on every team the majority of the kids on these teams are genuinely good kids. I fully expect Riverdale to close ranks and use this as motivation for the season, maybe even spurring the Warriors to the top of Region 2. My hope is that they try this "human being" as an adult, given his established criminal record.

Ron Aydellot went to school in Metro. He coached most of his career in Metro. Aydellot knows better than most the dangers of dealings with unsavory characters, especially in a school setting. What happened to Ron Aydellot could have happened to Gary Rankin, or George Quarles or anybody else. Aydellot was sucker punched by an individual who has a record, he had no idea it was coming. Every team has a few bad apples, but on every team the majority of the kids on these teams are genuinely good kids. I fully expect Riverdale to close ranks and use this as motivation for the season, maybe even spurring the Warriors to the top of Region 2. My hope is that they try this "human being" as an adult, given his established criminal record.

Well said, my friend!

I know this may not be appropriate but in all honesty it's going to be hard for Ron to come back and be effective now. I would look at it from a kid's perspective and from mine if I were in this situation. The coach took a severe beat down from a kid. Yes it was criminal and the kid needs to be prosecuted but we all know he will be back on the streets...its the way the juvenile system works. I just don't think his players will look at him in the same manner now...and he will always be on the offensive. It's going to hurt his discipline no way around it. I just wonder if this would have happened with Rankin...and what would he have done if it did.

Certainly not giving the players much credit if you feel they wont respect a guy who was caught off guard with a sucker punch and badly beaten. When your in an environment were this would never be expected its hard to anticipate something like that. Once that first punch has landed, most people would of been unprepared and not able to avoid the end result. Edited by FreeAgent11

Xcellent commints MTF.... :thumb:

Oh I totally agree with you on this...and that should be what happens...but we all know how hs kids are. If it happened to a teacher some kids would look on it as a weakness and I think the effectiveness would be diminished...that is the way they think...sad but true.

you are in the minority with your thoughts

BUMP!