Coach Aydelott

Ron Aydellot went to school in Metro. He coached most of his career in Metro. Aydellot knows better than most the dangers of dealings with unsavory characters, especially in a school setting. What happened to Ron Aydellot could have happened to Gary Rankin, or George Quarles or anybody else. Aydellot was sucker punched by an individual who has a record, he had no idea it was coming. Every team has a few bad apples, but on every team the majority of the kids on these teams are genuinely good kids. I fully expect Riverdale to close ranks and use this as motivation for the season, maybe even spurring the Warriors to the top of Region 2. My hope is that they try this "human being" as an adult, given his established criminal record.

great post

I know this may not be appropriate but in all honesty it's going to be hard for Ron to come back and be effective now. I would look at it from a kid's perspective and from mine if I were in this situation. The coach took a severe beat down from a kid. Yes it was criminal and the kid needs to be prosecuted but we all know he will be back on the streets...its the way the juvenile system works. I just don't think his players will look at him in the same manner now...and he will always be on the offensive. It's going to hurt his discipline no way around it. I just wonder if this would have happened with Rankin...and what would he have done if it did.

Yes Gary Rankin would had same thing happen to him had it been him. He would have gone to hospital just like Ron did. What a stupid comment.

I know this may not be appropriate but in all honesty it's going to be hard for Ron to come back and be effective now. I would look at it from a kid's perspective and from mine if I were in this situation. The coach took a severe beat down from a kid. Yes it was criminal and the kid needs to be prosecuted but we all know he will be back on the streets...its the way the juvenile system works. I just don't think his players will look at him in the same manner now...and he will always be on the offensive. It's going to hurt his discipline no way around it. I just wonder if this would have happened with Rankin...and what would he have done if it did.

This has to be the Corn Dog post of the year so far. I'm sure every football team in America has kids that are far better shape to take on an older person that is not. What happened here was retarded and I hope the S.#.B. pays dearly. No matter who the coach is their main responsibility is to coach not be be in a tough man contest.

If he had been able to fight back to defend himself...they would have charged him. That's the reality of the world we live in today. I wish coach A a speedy recovery. He is a tough guy. He will recover from this heinous act.

A lot of truth in this statement. If he had been a cop and fought back the media would have been all over it. Far be it for people to actually make good choices but when youth do something wrong it's alway someon else's fault.

People, like animals, CAN BE made to display good behavior.  I have 3 grown children, 4 dogs, and a couple of horses that act appropriatley.  The occassional tune up took place to make sure all were in check.  Tools of the trade were a lot of love, a leather belt, a nice green switch, compassion, a hot shot, or sometimes the calloused side of my hard working hands.  I myself hated being disciplined, but I'm grateful I WAS.

In my haste to vocalize how there's such a lack of discipline, I failed to mention a get well wish for Ron.  Ron, I hope you have a fast and full recovery.  Our prayers to you and yours.

Edited by hollowman