Football coaching salaries

Not at all.....I put my girl behind CPA's endzone.  Nobody from Alcoa got withing 20 yards of her.

You think Hoover High School in Alabama is paying $125,000 to their head coach straight from the school? And none of that money is being given by boosters so that Hoover High School football remains Hoover High School football? Your claims are fairly ridiculous about where this money comes from. No school system can pay their coach that much money out right, the "coaching" supplement comes from boosters. You think the many many football coaches in Texas are paid strictly from the school systems? No, its the booster who pay those supplements. The rich oil industry guys who want their high schools to be the best on the field on Friday nights give the money to raise salaries. You know all about Alabama's rank in the national education spotlight. Where is Texas in the national rankings? I would assume ahead of Tennessee, both in academics and athletics. 

Also, it is not illegal for a booster club to pay coaches. It varies by school district, and I also believe that the TSSAA policy in regards to this is that any money given as a "supplement" must be noted with TSSAA. So, I take that to mean that it is okay as long as you have let it be know to the states governing body for high school athletics.

As far as coaches magically getting smarter by being paid more, they don't. You fire the subpar coach and hire a better one. Also, when a coach doesn't have to teach, they have 8 hours a day to plan for practice, game plan, administrative work, etc. But when you have a higher pay grade, your schools football coaching job gets a whole lot more appealing to better candidates. 

now Booger knows why he misses Alabama....they got it figures out, not living in a world of ignorence thinkin money makes a difference in public school systems and its education....annual 4% education tax hikes just so Superintendents and people who cant run a class room get raises, and GPA's decrease......go private baby, get what you pay for...though Alcoa seems to be have it figured out...though Booger in a system now that proves you can win and have smart kids.......booster clubs, quarterback clubs and winnin on Friday nights; thats what its all bout, baby.....give those coaches a raise

Booger just sayin makeitrain.gifsmailikai_com_22_59.gif

Edited by Booger

Don't act like the football players are pulling GPA's up for all athletes. On average football players have the lowest team GPA in high school athletics. You can thank most of the girls teams for bringing GPA's up above the average

Of course they will bring it down. In most cases they more student athletes than most other teams combined.

You guys aren't debating the entire consequences...spend more money = get better coaching...simple, yet consider where the money comes from. What programs or other salaries do you drop to recoup the balance between the current salary and the hypothetical 125k ? How does that affect the education of all students at the school? Don't come at me with "boosters pay the excess", some (most) communities couldn't muster 100k for a coaching suppliment in ten years. Now imagine that you have your Doctorate degree, you're teaching an AP class, and you have 15 years tenure at the school. Your salary is $60,000...are you happy that the PE teacher/football coach is pulling down over twice your salary? We have some great coaches in Tn. who coach for the right reasons at the current pay rate, so why mortgage the entire public education system to hire a football coach, and if you are on board with that, what about baseball/basketball/softball (there is still title 9)/soccer/ect...

You guys aren't debating the entire consequences...spend more money = get better coaching...simple, yet consider where the money comes from. What programs or other salaries do you drop to recoup the balance between the current salary and the hypothetical 125k ? How does that affect the education of all students at the school? Don't come at me with "boosters pay the excess", some (most) communities couldn't muster 100k for a coaching suppliment in ten years. Now imagine that you have your Doctorate degree, you're teaching an AP class, and you have 15 years tenure at the school. Your salary is $60,000...are you happy that the PE teacher/football coach is pulling down over twice your salary? We have some great coaches in Tn. who coach for the right reasons at the current pay rate, so why mortgage the entire public education system to hire a football coach, and if you are on board with that, what about baseball/basketball/softball (there is still title 9)/soccer/ect...

and I am sure some micro-biology prof at UA isn't happy he makes 150k while Saban make 5.6m, but you get what you pay for.

Being the son of a former head coach and being someone wanting to be a head coach I can tell you that out of all the coaches I have ever been in contact with, none of them or me are in it for the money. It's all about the kids. Plain and simple. Is money a factor? Sure it is but it's about many other factors first. Just my opinion but I think the really good coaches who are in it for the right reasons would coach for free. When you break it down to time spent coaching, time spent away from your family, no amount would really be enough.