South Gibson

pioneer42

King lived in Medina as a freshman and played at South Gibson. Her sophomore year she went to school in Milan and sit out but still lived in Medina. This year she still lives in Medina and wants to go back to South Gibson. Milan takes kids out of city limits. I know she would be elgible to play at Milan this year because she sat out. Why would she not be elgible at South Gibson?

since she has no athletic record at Milan...I believe she could play at either school next season...

Yeah the middle school coach got moved up. I will say this about her. She does work hard and she is very organized. IMO to be a good coach and survive she will need to pay attention to detail in all facets of the game especially fundamentals. She will also need to be diversified in running multiple defensive and offensive sets. She will also need to be strong and put the best players on the floor at all times as Medina has a very opinionated fanbase who just ran off their last coach.

Yeah the middle school coach got moved up. I will say this about her. She does work hard and she is very organized. IMO to be a good coach and survive she will need to pay attention to detail in all facets of the game especially fundamentals. She will also need to be diversified in running multiple defensive and offensive sets. She will also need to be strong and put the best players on the floor at all times as Medina has a very opinionated fanbase who just ran off their last coach.

What fan base is not very opinionated? I would really like to know. Would like to visit there.

Hudson will be the coach in waiting this year at Crockett County last I was told but hadn't seen anything public. She is expecting a child from what I heard and is expected to be out this year until Christmas. South Gibson let her resume collect dust and finally set up an interview after Dyersburg and Crockett County was very aggressive with her. Crockett County made her a great deal she couldn't refuse.

South Gibson is full of talent and as of the last 4 years some of the best players have left or swapped sports and never seen the floor. It is time for coaches to play the best players and not try to please pushy parents that think their kids are better than they are. At Gibson County that is never a problem getting good players on the floor because winning basketball games is a religion. South Gibson has some new blood on the floor. I wish her well.

Edited by pioneer42

Looks like South Gibson couldn't have asked for any thing better with their HS tryouts this week. Kristen King, China Hayes, Kaitlyn Martin and Allie Walker will all be playing next year. Martin has a full ride softball scholarship to UT Knoxville and Walker has one to UT Martin. They are really good basketball players as well so looks like South Gibson will be loaded with talent next year.

Talent is one thing, but loyalty is another.   Kaitlyn & Aly may be great ball players but they quit because they didn't like the coach.  Kristen & Chyna had to quit because their parents thought they should have gotten much more playing time and because they didn't like the coach.   Not very loyal…

With that being said, what about the girls that STAYED even when they may not have liked the coach either.   They stayed because they were loyal to the game.  And they still gave 100% even though they may not have liked the coach.   I just hope the new coach recognizes the loyalty of these girls that stayed and continued to do what they had to do for the team.  And also to the girls that didn't get as much playing time, they stayed too.  They have waited their turn and had hoped that this coming year would be different.  I hope it is...