Why doesn't maryville play other states top teams?

keep your eyes and ears peeled on how the game with Ensworth goes Friday and that should answer your question if they should play an out of state team or not. I personally wouldn't go and I don't miss any games unless their on TV.

Barn , I don't think observing Maryville in a scrimmage game really tells you a lot . Coach Quarles has no ego ... I can't tell you how many times we got beat in a Scrimmage game / Jamboree and Tee Shirts were Created , Papers gave details ( sometimes even Forgetting a TD or 2 ) .... I remember a lot of scrimmage opponents would say it meant nothing , wasn't a real game .... unless they won of course ..   :mrgreen:   We won't really know until a real game is played .... 

I would be scared to as I could NOT carry and I NEVER went anywhere in Memphis without my gun which is barred at High Schools.  Now if someone would tell the gang bangers that!

As stupid and unrealistic as your thoughts and fears are, it's still more about being BEATEN on the Field... The Mississippi folks don't want that work.

Now LOD, I hope that you start a trend because I have plenty of provocative and incendiary 'Stuff' I can say about you fans of Nathan Bedford Forrest and all things Confederate, but I don't mind keeping it about HS Football, but when Guns and Gang Bangers get brought up it, when it is the furthermost thing from the TRUTH, I feel the need to talk cash money about you Opie-N- Andy busters from the Basin, Plateau and Hills of Backwoods, Hickville, Tennessee.   :popcorneater:  :shock:

RedRebel,

I see you must have read LOD's post... Yeah, he went there... Don't let me go there.

#Bias

Here's what was said by Red before he edited it for the people who missed it...

"Why do you feel the need to call people names?"

"What does that have to do with anything?"

Edited by BlackHavenSenator

I believe the only folks that think it doesn't serve a purpose is maryville fans. I'm like you I've been watching games on ESPN all week and I think it would be great to see how our states best stacks up against other states best. But I guess I'm a dummy for thinking that.

Yes you are...

I don't know why the rest of you want Maryville to play out of state teams but I know why I want them to. I want to see them beat the snot out of some power from another state so we don't have to hear how weak TN football is compared to other states anymore. I have watched some of these schools on TV and I think Maryville would could beat them. Alot of those talented programs in Florida and Georgia are very athletic but are sloppy and lack discipline. Those are the kind of teams Maryville eats for lunch.

I don't know why the rest of you want Maryville to play out of state teams but I know why I want them to. I want to see them beat the snot out of some power from another state so we don't have to hear how weak TN football is compared to other states anymore. I have watched some of these schools on TV and I think Maryville would could beat them. Alot of those talented programs in Florida and Georgia are very athletic but are sloppy and lack discipline. Those are the kind of teams Maryville eats for lunch.

I think a Bigger GA or FL school would blow Maryville out... 

Here's what was said by Red before he edited it for the people who missed it...

"Why do you feel the need to call people names?"

"What does that have to do with anything?"

I just have one question, and let's not beat around the Bush here, ok Senator?

True or false: Memphis is on the FBIs top ten most dangerous cities in the US?