Why doesn't maryville play other states top teams?

So you think Maryville would drive 6+ hours to da Haven but they are afraid of traveling 3 hours or less to GA or VA for a OOS game... HeHeHeHeHe  :roflol:

We traveled 3 hours three years ago to get shafted and the worst part was that it was on TV for everyone in the state to see. Who would want to drive 6 hours to get the whole crew. No thanks.

Personally if you were taking the best teams from any of those states to play Maryville I would have to think those teams would be much better because of the quality of athletes in those areas. Look where UT focuses at and always has because of this. Some of those teams in Florida and Georgia have a couple of D-1 prospects every single year and Maryville may only turn out one every three or four years. I also personally think there are at least ten schools in the State of Tennessee that could beat Maryville anytime they wanted if they had a coach anywhere close to what we have and thank goodness they don't. Maryville is gifted with a lot of good high school quality players that are very smart and the team has so many of these type kids that the competition inside makes them better.  A good friend made a good statement last week which is very true. He said when it comes to playing a big game with better athletes that GQ comes to play chess while the other coach comes to play checkers. That's why we pull off big wins against Blackman and Oakland which have much more better athletes across the board. In states like Florida and Georgia the coaching is much better because it's all about winning or your gone. Case in point was a very good local coach that went to Georgia and didn't last very long. 

When we were talking today I nearly said the same exact thing you are talking about, I've seen Maryville beat teams that were more talented several times.. GQ is a Great Coach

So you think Maryville would drive 6+ hours to da Haven but they are afraid of traveling 3 hours or less to GA or VA for a OOS game... HeHeHeHeHe  :roflol:

Haw Haw Haw Haw.....Eye'll tell ewe whut's evun funnyer....Eye've ben drivin' 2+ hours tha laist two yeers tha furst Saturdee inn Deecimburr two play "da Haven" att Cookevegas and thay wuz no shows..... B)

Guys I'm not saying maryville doesn't play a tough schedule. I'm asking why will they not play other top teams from other states to see how they stack up against them.

I agree, would love to see them play Columbus GA,, Hoover Al or someone like that. Boro schools have started, Ensworth, Brentwood Acd .........Even Trousdale used to play Mayfield Ky every year, Ky's best 1a program. Edited by UpperCumberlandMan

I would love to see this as well but it's not going to happen....so continue with your annual and bi-annual threads.

Senator....good to see our West Tennessee raciest alive and well. Maybe....just maybe your team can make another run at the Rebels if you ever make it to the finals again. Since it took 11 D-1 future players and a rogue official to beat a bunch of Opie Taylors I don't see it happening anytime soon.

Ahhh .....it's almost football time again. AAU basketball is over - my daughter graduated from Brentwood Academy and will be starting college this fall - two more to go !!

Envy certainly creates some very nasty emotions in people.

Maryville is a class act and a program that is built on integrity and pride. They play the game with precision and sportsmanship like few programs in the state. They also play within the rules.

I understand the emotions- the 6a state championship seems like it has become pretty predictable over the past few years, but there have been some really good championship games over those years and not easy wins for Maryville. As a fan of football a few were classics ...If you win 6a in the state of Tennessee you will more than likely be able to compete with any of the top teams in other states as well. Including all the big privates here.

There we go again with that Magical State Line again ... There's plenty of Teams in Tenn that I'd Love to Play , MBA , BA , Ensworth ... etc ... bottom line is Maryville has done more than any team ever in Tennessee high School Football and Clowns like you have to make up some other way to put Maryville down .

I hope we do see you again in Dec ... Maryville's done their part the last 2 years , hopefully you guys can be there this year and we make it too ...

Haw Haw Haw Haw.....Eye'll tell ewe whut's evun funnyer....Eye've ben drivin' 2+ hours tha laist two yeers tha furst Saturdee inn Deecimburr two play "da Haven" att Cookevegas and thay wuz no shows..... B)

Yeah,  hate that Jordan Football had the WORST game of his Whitehaven Career against Ravenwood, but don't worry Stars, we'll see the Red Dragon again soon. Y'all keep beating the Same teams for 13 weeks and getting those trick plays off week 14 and maybe week 15 the rubber match will commence .