Why doesn't maryville play other states top teams?

They know they dont have the physical ability to police each school and we all know the schools dont police themselevs. Thats why they are looking to control it through division. It happened in Ohio and the "big Schools" like Maryville that were open enrollment suffered but the private Catholic Scholls grew and became dominate in the private setting and in the state.

After reading the Tennessean article, I am not a big fan of this new division.

One reason is there are already loopholes not addressed by this new category. Another is that not all schools "benefit" athletically from being "open zone". It seems the proposal is trying to address perceived "legal cheating" by a few successful athletic programs rather than addressing those programs directly.

I am sure my emotions might tempt me to lean in the other direction if I felt like a school was getting a huge advantage and "my" school was not.

Your missing the point completley. Yes they dont have the right to tell a county how to run their schools but they do have the right as a regulating body of Tennessee High School Sports to dictate the division of the types of schools. This has already been proven and tried in court in the State of Ohio where they divided public and private including open zone schools.

So can the public open zoned school in Ohio recruit like the privates then? That's the only way they wouldn't have a lawsuit on their hands? If that is the case then I hope it doesn't happen in TN because don't be upset if Maryville sent GQ to pull players in from all over the south! Becareful what you wish for!

And like I said they would be more likely to have 3 separate classes instead of throwing open zoned school in the private division. There are a lot of schools that are open zoned that wouldn't win a game if they moved them to privates. Heck I know some open schools that don't win anyway. So punish them because of their school system? I know you might not believe this but open zoned schools were not made to make their sports team better. Some ppl want to provide a better education for their kids. And that is why my parent chose to put me in the city school system (ranked 2nd in public school education in TN) instead of the county school system (ranked 100 in the state). If what you said was true then the private school including open zoned would be larger than the publics.

Edited by Swipes

Lett give ewe'uns a Clift Noats vershun ov wd82's argumint.......

"Tha best reejun ov footbawl, encludin' tha SEC west (7-AAA) iz battin' 0-6 agin tha littull fellers att 825 Lawrence"....

Evurbodee nose thait Okelund and Blaickmun haid moore D-1 prospects tha laist 2 yeers agin Mairvul inn tha semmys tha laist 2 yeers.....And looked a lott biggur thain our littull fellers did....

And tha licence plaits inn Mairvul's parkin' lots two guage whur kids live iz laffabull.....Garbige servuss cusstomers wood bee a lott bettur way two figger hit imo...... :popcorneater:

So can the public open zoned school in Ohio recruit like the privates then? That's the only way they wouldn't have a lawsuit on their hands? If that is the case then I hope it doesn't happen in TN because don't be upset if Maryville sent GQ to pull players in from all over the south! Becareful what you wish for!

And like I said they would be more likely to have 3 separate classes instead of throwing open zoned school in the private division. There are a lot of schools that are open zoned that wouldn't win a game if they moved them to privates. Heck I know some open schools that don't win anyway. So punish them because of their school system? I know you might not believe this but open zoned schools were not made to make their sports team better. Some ppl want to provide a better education for their kids. And that is why my parent chose to put me in the city school system (ranked 2nd in public school education in TN) instead of the county school system (ranked 100 in the state). If what you said was true then the private school including open zoned would be larger than the publics.

Lets face it, they dont call it recruiting just as Maryville doesnt. They call it selective choice but it amazing that the ones with the highest rate of open enrollment are the football schools, not the highest educational schools.. As long as they are willing to pay the fee they can go to any open enrollment school they want to but many cant afford it but amazingly still come up the fee....thats where the secret recruiting comes in.. Thats why the TSSAA wants to consider them on the same level as private.

Edited by warrior82dad

Lets face it, they dont call it recruiting just as Maryville doesnt. They call it selective choice but it amazing that the ones with the highest rate of open enrollment are the football schools, not the educational schools. As long as they are willing to pay the fee they can go to any open enrollment school they want to but many cant afford it but amazingly still come up the fee....thats where the secret recruiting comes in.. Thats why the TSSAA wants to consider them on the same level as private.

Eye'll tale ewe'uns rite now thait warrior82diddy....Rilly nose hiz stuff...... :rolleyes:

https://k12.niche.com/rankings/public-school-districts/best-overall/s/tennessee/

Edited by STARSNBARS

Lets face it, they dont call it recruiting just as Maryville doesnt. They call it selective choice but it amazing that the ones with the highest rate of open enrollment are the football schools, not the highest educational schools.. As long as they are willing to pay the fee they can go to any open enrollment school they want to. Thats why the TSSAA wants to consider them on the same level as private.

You still didn't answer my question can open enrollment schools in Ohio go out and recruit like privates since they are in the same division? If not then Ohio system is a joke! You might want to do some research before you say that then highest rate of open enrollment are the football schools, not the highest educational schools. Go tell that to open enrolled teams in my area, north greene, west greene, south greene, chuckey-Doak you have probably never heard of them other then seeing them on the coacht scoreboard. (They aren't that goo in football) Hate to tell you that 2 of the top 3 highest ranked School systems in the state are both open zoned. Maryville city schlol system and Greeneville city school system. Maybe a strong community has something to do with it but no that would be to obvious. Sorta like how you posted in another thread about how Riverdale has changed . You must have changed your views in a year.....

Edited by Swipes

You still didn't answer my question can open enrollment schools in Ohio go out and recruit like privates since they are in the same division? If not then Ohio system is a joke! You might want to do some research before you say that then highest rate of open enrollment are the football schools, not the highest educational schools. Go tell that to open enrolled teams in my area, north greene, west greene, south greene, chuckey-Doak you have probably never heard of them other then seeing them on the coacht scoreboard. (They aren't that good in football) Hate to tell you that 2 out of the top 3 highest ranked School systems in the state are both open zoned. Maryville city school system and Greeneville city school system. Maybe a strong community has something to do with it but no that would be to obvious. Sorta like how you posted in another thread about how Riverdale has changed . You must have changed your views in a year.....