Why doesn't maryville play other states top teams?

Yea id say for such a prestigious school, that sucks! But then again there not going there for education...

You do know TN is ranked 42nd in the nation in education. No school in TN is prestigious when your ranked that bad. Some are better than others and you have to do what you feel like is best for your kids. Everyone has their own reasons so don't sit here and try to tell people why they send THEIR kids to certain schools. Your just making yourself look like a child.

Edited by Swipes

None of this really matters at al because when the TSSAA votes to separate public and private schools which will include open enrollment schools, Maryville will then be able to call themselves the best private school in the state......But when that happens, watch their enrollment drop.

You are funny 82. Lack the basic facts but entertaining. 

Lets face it, they dont call it recruiting just as Maryville doesnt. They call it selective choice but it amazing that the ones with the highest rate of open enrollment are the football schools, not the highest educational schools.. As long as they are willing to pay the fee they can go to any open enrollment school they want to but many cant afford it but amazingly still come up the fee....thats where the secret recruiting comes in.. Thats why the TSSAA wants to consider them on the same level as private.

Let me personally invite you to practice at 825 in the next 8 weeks. (We don't talk about playoffs yet) I want you to point out to me the 6'2 240 pound D-1 phenom athletes that a school would go after if they recruited. Cause they're not there!! We have 3 decent ones. Two of them have been in the MCS System for years and the other just transferred from Alcoa last month. And it was his personal choice. This topic is so old it's warn out. Yes GQ built it, they will come. But we don't go after them. And the part about the out of state tags is ridiculous. Surely you don't believe this. Smh Edited by rebelwoman87

You do know TN is ranked 42nd in the nation in education. No school in TN is prestigious when your ranked that bad. Some are better than others and you have to do what you feel like is best for your kids. Everyone has their own reasons so don't sit here and try to tell people why they send THEIR kids to certain schools. Your just making yourself look like a child.

Don't waste time on logic with this guy. He is too far gone.

82Dad: Get Help.

Wow, you can be that blind. They have the highest rate of open enrollment football players in the state!! Other schools draw is the higher level of education.

I live here...I know what the numbers are.

Alcoee has 3+ times as many out of zone players as Murvil.

I know they (Murvil) are in the high single digits.

Your level of clown is off the charts.

Dont show your ignorance, its not becoming of the Maryville status..

Poor feller ... Him too slow to realize that if George Quarles was at his school all of those Rutherford county boys would find a way to go to Riverdale . It isn't about who has the most and sometimes not even the best , it's about which ones are the best Coached .

Edited by pepvol

Agreed MLREB......Nevur let tha fax git inn tha way ov a good argeemint..... :popcorneater:

I'm all for that stars. But all this back and forth and proficiency numbers has got me thinking...if we got all these studs coming to murvil, why can't our baseball team finish higher than 4th in our district?

Read for yourself. Im sure all these students are going there for there 67% math proficiency and there 74% reading proficiency.. https://k12.niche.com/d/maryville-city-school-district-tn/academics/?length=33

They go there for many different reasons. Some may be silly to you or me, but it's their decisions.

You bring up a point I really used to believe. Then I started drinking the red KOOLAID and stars shared some words of wisdom. I'll give you a hint: the numbers you should be looking at to find out WHY one open zoned school is so good in football (and not their other sports) is the $$ that school spends on football. It is an expensive machine that keeps getting stronger with the backing of the community who is willing to fund it. AND IT WORKS.

Go to some games. More importantly, go to some practices. Watch and listen all those coaches. Look at the facilities and the support from the community. It's a plus that the school is good. Some pay tuition while some sell family farms to move to the city. It's a machine.

Another way of putting it is this: if murvil city school board cut funds to the athletic department enough that the coaches looked elsewhere, then so would the players.

I think this argument is overdone. How much does open enrollment really help maryville? They do not have Carloads of d1 kids on their roster. No offense ( to Maryville) but i wouldn't pack my kids up and leave Nashville so they could play football there.

They have had a lot of success against teams who have many more top players on their squad mostly because they have many kids who have played together for a while - they have great coaching - and they spend time developing their youth sports.

I am sure it's a nice place to live but the open enrollment argument loses some of its weight with me when I look at rivals or scout and rarely see a highly rated kid there.

Yes they are, but all you have to do is look in the student parking lot at Maryville and see the out of county license plates. The problem is there in no enforcement anymore. Thats one reason why the TSSAA wants the division.

I think this argument is overdone. How much does open enrollment really help maryville? They do not have Carloads of d1 kids on their roster. No offense ( to Maryville) but i wouldn't pack my kids up and leave Nashville so they could play football there.

They have had a lot of success against teams who have many more top players on their squad mostly because they have many kids who have played together for a while - they have great coaching - and they spend time developing their youth sports.

I am sure it's a nice place to live but the open enrollment argument loses some of its weight with me when I look at rivals or scout and rarely see a highly rated kid there.

Voice of Reason finally !! Thank you BigDog !!  It's hilarious that so many people are now on the Open enrollment band wagon ... as if Maryville was the only one too !! Maryville , along with many schools all across the State have had these rules in place forever ... Maryville has probably been open enrollment since the 1930's but today's society has a bunch of People always looking for ways to Legislate a Trophy for everyone .

I myself , and I know many other Maryville fans ,  would love to have all the teams back together with less divisions and make those Gold Balls even more Valuable ... but I'm sure there's people like Warrior82dad all across the State who would rather Whine , legislate , and eliminate any Competition they can and Give a Trophy to everyone .... Pitiful