Brian Brown stays at McNairy Central

Macnarry

Yes it was A whipping and will be more to come I'm afraid. Obviously Brown applied for the Kossuth job because he wanted out. Must of been a snag in contract negotiations.

I sat with a couple of the player's dads at the last game and there is a storm brewing! A complete mess internally. Regardless of the talent this team has/don't have or the opponent that they are playing, this program will NEVER be turned in a different direction with Brown holding the reins. For those that have commented on this thread, pointing fingers at the kids and parents..........your totally wrong. He's ran off more talent than he has left on the team already and that number is going to keep growing as the year goes on if nothing changes.

It has nothing to do with hard nosed coaching because those same kids have been coached that way their whole lives. They understand that its a coaches job to break them down so they can be rebuilt. Thats just the way it is suppose to work. It's the constant verbal abuse, negativity, and the bullying that comes from Brown every time those kids lace their shoes up and step onto the gym floor. It doesn't matter if its practice or at games, they only are exposed to the degrading rants and the positives never come. Ultimately, the kids start questioning themselves and before long playing basketball isn't the same. The confidence that once was possessed cant be replaced. They can't get past the fact that the man that leads them into battle don't believe in them and it becomes more and more difficult to believe in each other. They just keep being bent until finally he breaks them entirely.

The sad thing about this is this is allowed to take place. Wasnt there a zero tolerance policy put in place not that long ago for bullying and you was to be removed from school and placed into alternative school?? Seems that if an adult, faculty member was guilty of failing to adhere to this policy he/she would be removed as well. Parents are becoming more and more impatient by the day they say it isnt getting any better, only worse as the L's start to pile up. How long before one of the parents snap because they can't sit and witness their child receive any more mental abuse? After the parents have tried to fix this the right way with zero success, what's left for them to do? Do they Whatch their child lose their love for the game and walk away from all they have ever known like the rest have done, or do they simply get fed up and go straight to the source. I dont blame a parent for whatever they are forced to do.

It wasn't like the school administration wasn't aware of what they was hiring because he arrived with more baggage than he could carry. Doubters.........ask the Hardin Co folks if you dont want to believe it. Now they would rather just sweep this under the rug than deal with it because they know his plans are to retire within a year or so. So just sacrifice the kids until hes gone?. It's almost like they hired this guy to come in and shut the program instead of to rebuild it. That's not acceptable!

You and I are good ol' Michie boys.  We both attended Michie First Baptist and I was closer in age to your brother.  I think the world of your mom and dad.  Two of the best role models in our church for decades.  I enjoy watching your son play.  He plays a lot like you did back in the day. My son is now a sophomore on the Cardinal football team.  He is 6'3" and around 260 and should get some playing time.  Hard to get much playing time behind our Senior line that have started since they were sophomores.  I wish the Lions all the best in football and basketball this season, except when they play the Cards.  I enjoy a little healthy and fun smack talk just like you.  Should be a fun season.  Ill look you up when you come to Aville in about a month.

6'3" 260, does he play baseball? I hope he does baseball for Adamsville. I absolutely like y'alls baseball coach.

I don't know what the answer is.  Going to superintendent, principal, ad.  I don't know.

But I agree with you, they knew what they were getting.  It is the kids who are suffering for it.

Get rid of him now

Better get on the stick pretty soon...Root has been hanging around a certain middle school team a lot, and there's some serious talent to be had there.

Brown rarely lost a player when he coached in the 80s and early 90s. Players are babied by their parents and do not want anyone yelling at Little Johnny. If you can't see this team has improved over last year, then you do not know basketball.

It was a different era. Kids aren't the same so you as a coach and an ADULT have to adjust. It ain't working so change. They are better but have only played one good team and got killed. Won't be better if kids quit. This ain't the 80's. Wake up

It was a different era. Kids aren't the same so you as a coach and an ADULT have to adjust. It ain't working so change. They are better but have only played one good team and got killed. Won't be better if kids quit. This ain't the 80's. Wake up

Oh my Gosh! You think the Adults have to adjust to the kids! That's the problem with our society today. I coach the MS team at TCA as a non faculty coach. This is my 7th year and I assure you I don't ADJUST to the kids! I instill discipline and get after them! Does the U.S. Military adjust to their new recruits? No way. They teach, train and discipline like they always have. You adjust your strategy based on your personnel but you don't adjust your discipline. By the way, if you weren't including TCA in the list of good teams MC has played you are definitely missing it when it comes to basketball. We played Middleton to 8 at their place and we are still in football shape. Check back with us in February. It's guys like you that influence kids from Selmer Jr High to go to Aville. You might be part of the problem down there!

Oh my Gosh! You think the Adults have to adjust to the kids! That's the problem with our society today. I coach the MS team at TCA as a non faculty coach. This is my 7th year and I assure you I don't ADJUST to the kids! I instill discipline and get after them! Does the U.S. Military adjust to their new recruits? No way. They teach, train and discipline like they always have. You adjust your strategy based on your personnel but you don't adjust your discipline. By the way, if you weren't including TCA in the list of good teams MC has played you are definitely missing it when it comes to basketball. We played Middleton to 8 at their place and we are still in football shape. Check back with us in February. It's guys like you that influence kids from Selmer Jr High to go to Aville. You might be part of the problem down there!

Not talking about adjusting discipline. Coaching style yes. You can have discipline without belittling and always being negative. Adjust your style not discipline or beliefs

TCA wasn't a good team when we played so get over yourself. Still playing football

Nobody here wants any kids to go to birdville but they will with the way this coach coaches

Not talking about adjusting discipline. Coaching style yes. You can have discipline without belittling and always being negative. Adjust your style not discipline or beliefs

TCA wasn't a good team when we played so get over yourself. Still playing football

Nobody here wants any kids to go to birdville but they will with the way this coach coaches

You need to get over yourself! Horton was very demeaning and got after us in a big way but once we all moved on and matured we grew to respect him more. There was evidence by the number of former players that showed up at his funeral and visitation. We all looked back and appreciated his toughness! You probably rode the pine or was cut from your team so you wouldn't understand. Hardin County went from 2-25 or whatever they were to competing in a couple of years with Brian. You have to give a new coach some time and allow the talent to get there.

You need to get over yourself! Horton was very demeaning and got after us in a big way but once we all moved on and matured we grew to respect him more. There was evidence by the number of former players that showed up at his funeral and visitation. We all looked back and appreciated his toughness! You probably rode the pine or was cut from your team so you wouldn't understand. Hardin County went from 2-25 or whatever they were to competing in a couple of years with Brian. You have to give a new coach some time and allow the talent to get there.

Wow. Attack me personally because you don't agree I'm not the one still living their glory days through their son.

Brown isn't Horton. Not close. No former players like or respect him. You seen any on here defending him?

Hardin county got better because Will Shelton and a few other players came along. Also go back and look at the cupcakes he played. 3a school playing mostly 1A schools. Trying to do that with bobcats.

Keep your sweater vest on

Wow. Attack me personally because you don't agree I'm not the one still living their glory days through their son.

Brown isn't Horton. Not close. No former players like or respect him. You seen any on here defending him?

Hardin county got better because Will Shelton and a few other players came along. Also go back and look at the cupcakes he played. 3a school playing mostly 1A schools. Trying to do that with bobcats.

Keep your sweater vest on

My apology for the personal attack. I'm not defending Brian as much as I'm defending discipline and toughness. I realize there's a problem overall at MC but these kids and parents have got to get tougher. BTW, I don't wear sweatervests and never will! Also, I'm not sure if you were referring to me or the MC parents but I assure you I'm not living my glory days through my son. We don't have issues at TCA with our HS basketball coach. He gets after our boys but we do win as well.

Edited by TCAIntense