Private-public split will be bad for high school football

Macnarry

You could do it, 6 classes/8 regions would equal about 7 teams per region with 343 teams (5 classes would average 9+ teams, too many). The problem will be determining playoff qualifiers. Also if the multiplier is out some of the private schools would could be playing at the smaller levels, whether affecting playoffs or not some would be way too much for their leagues.

I am assuming Division II schools would be brought back into this.

I'm sure the multiplier will stay. That Z-Plan was an example on how they'll split teams for playoffs

Why a multiplier if they dont compete in the postseason?

If they compete in the regular season and it somehow effects post season eligibility then most people would probably say a multiplier is needed. However if the games don't count towards postseason then I don't think they need one.

I know we are talking about being together for the regular season and split for the playoffs. I just hope they don't do it like the Z Plan and say best record matters for wild cards or the such. If a public school goes 5-5 but has to play an abundance of privates that is something to consider.

I dont know how they will manage it when schools will have different amounts of private schools in their districts/regions. It was a similar issue in the z plan, if a 3A playoff team had to play several 4A in their district. If they dont count private schools for playoff qualifying, one school might have 2 games they need to win to get in, the next one four or five. Total split for regular season and playoffs would solve that.

I dont know how they will manage it when schools will have different amounts of private schools in their districts/regions. It was a similar issue in the z plan, if a 3A playoff team had to play several 4A in their district. If they dont count private schools for playoff qualifying, one school might have 2 games they need to win to get in, the next one four or five. Total split for regular season and playoffs would solve that.

As it is this next year there will be a couple of regions where every team will automatically qualify even I they go 0-10. It's a joke.

Nobody is mentioning open zones schools and the TSSAA meeting specifically brought this topic up. This would be the perfect time to address their advantages....if not, then this will be revisited in less than 5 years, especially if Lewis County looses to an open zoned school.

Lewis Co. Is open zoned. I checked their online board policy.

They do. They have to pay tuition. Very clearly outlined in the policy on their website.

School board policy contradicts itself when discussing out of county students as it states they must have one parent/guardian that lives within the school district.

If the TSSAA addresses open zone schools you will see many schools go closed zone.