GCA at Jefferson County

gcapride

You should like it, you're the one that turned me onto recruiting Monks! I would've never thought about those guys. I can tell you, from my research, that there's a lot of Kung fu fighting, those kicks are fast as lightning. In fact, it was a little bit frightening....

Well as Glenn from South Pitt would say if you dont have fastness you wont win!

This game has peaked my interest.... Just been listening for a bit. If you think 42 in 2 quarters is impressive, a buddy of mine said that 35 was in the 1st and with over 5 minutes left at that. Only 2 assumptions can be made....1 ....GCA is explosive. 2.... Who ever they played is TERRIBLE. This game could tell the difference. I like the Rams in this one

I was invited to this game since I don't ever attend the Jamboree in Blount County because it is usually the first team in for four plays and out because the coaches don't want to risk injury. I didn't realize the games were two quarters instead of one but Grace does have a good team from what I see but the other team wasn't even close to or near the same level. It almost reminded me of a typical Maryville game because I've seen them put up five and six touchdowns in a quarter I can't count. I think they have some good linemen from what I see for a team in 2-A. A lot of things are so different from watching a 2-A game that I'm not used to. It's hard to imagine a player playing both ways but I understand why but it was like a blast from the past to see it. I also was surprised that the QB came to the sidelines for each play and the team goes for two and not kick an extra point. Not fussing but it seemed so different but I had a great time watching and glad I went.  I am a Maryville fan first but I can say one thing about GCA that both teams have in common and that is good kids and smart kids. Being smart will win you so many games in the end and I do think they will be there in Cookeville in December from what I see.

I was invited to this game since I don't ever attend the Jamboree in Blount County because it is usually the first team in for four plays and out because the coaches don't want to risk injury. I didn't realize the games were two quarters instead of one but Grace does have a good team from what I see but the other team wasn't even close to or near the same level. It almost reminded me of a typical Maryville game because I've seen them put up five and six touchdowns in a quarter I can't count. I think they have some good linemen from what I see for a team in 2-A. A lot of things are so different from watching a 2-A game that I'm not used to. It's hard to imagine a player playing both ways but I understand why but it was like a blast from the past to see it. I also was surprised that the QB came to the sidelines for each play and the team goes for two and not kick an extra point. Not fussing but it seemed so different but I had a great time watching and glad I went.  I am a Maryville fan first but I can say one thing about GCA that both teams have in common and that is good kids and smart kids. Being smart will win you so many games in the end and I do think they will be there in Cookeville in December from what I see.

Starters played 1st Qtr, scored 5 times, kicked 5 extra pts. Didn't go for 2 at all, not sure where that came from? Claiborne struggled on offense, don't think they crossed midfield and maybe had 2 first downs.

I was invited to this game since I don't ever attend the Jamboree in Blount County because it is usually the first team in for four plays and out because the coaches don't want to risk injury. I didn't realize the games were two quarters instead of one but Grace does have a good team from what I see but the other team wasn't even close to or near the same level. It almost reminded me of a typical Maryville game because I've seen them put up five and six touchdowns in a quarter I can't count. I think they have some good linemen from what I see for a team in 2-A. A lot of things are so different from watching a 2-A game that I'm not used to. It's hard to imagine a player playing both ways but I understand why but it was like a blast from the past to see it. I also was surprised that the QB came to the sidelines for each play and the team goes for two and not kick an extra point. Not fussing but it seemed so different but I had a great time watching and glad I went. I am a Maryville fan first but I can say one thing about GCA that both teams have in common and that is good kids and smart kids. Being smart will win you so many games in the end and I do think they will be there in Cookeville in December from what I see.

Not sure about the going for 2 comment. We kicked it every time during the 2qtr jamboree. We went for 2 in the JV game vs Clinton. I don't think we have a kicker for the JV team. Glad you enjoyed the game and glad to have your support.

And for you Pujo, b4 you go saying the Christians shouldn't be running up the score; we threw one deep ball for a td, 2 were runs up the middle, and 2 were short passes, a middle screen and a hitch. Would you prefer us kneel the ball 4 times? Then you would call us un-Christian for demeaning the other team. cant win with you. Your earlier post was tasteless even for you, thought you had turned a new leaf, expected too much I guess.

We see the same stuff Toyotaman but it all started with drawing in kids from other schools,built nice facilities,started winning and now more and more kids want to play for Grace. Its really not that hard if you live in the right area and have plenty of money. Its nothing like small public do and they should feel ashamed to even act like its fair. Its untetling at the deception and downright cheating thats went on there.The whole deal makes me sick. Don't get me wrong, I have nothing but respect for the hard working kids but this is a very poor representation of Christian. I've seen more Christian like people in Prison.

This one. Tell me one person or example you've personally seen. I'll give you one, you're an.....no, I won't fuel your incepid fire.

*insipid...it was driving me crazy, can't stand misspelled words...

Edited by HardKnox

We see the same stuff Toyotaman but it all started with drawing in kids from other schools,built nice facilities,started winning and now more and more kids want to play for Grace. Its really not that hard if you live in the right area and have plenty of money. Its nothing like small public do and they should feel ashamed to even act like its fair. Its untetling at the deception and downright cheating thats went on there.The whole deal makes me sick. Don't get me wrong, I have nothing but respect for the hard working kids but this is a very poor representation of Christian. I've seen more Christian like people in Prison.

You say that this bothers you so much that it makes you sick? Are you serious? I'm sorry, but I find that a little sad