GCA at Jefferson County

gcapride

I thought this would be a hard game for Grace to win because they play too many kids both ways and for the whole ballgame which is a recipe for a slaughter which happened. You have 70 players and people play the entire game every play. This isn't 1960 anymore where you can do that and think you can play with the big boy's. The other problem is that if a kid is having a bad game move down the line and put someone else in and quit hanging on to a lost hope. Those two factors got your plow cleaned tonight good.  

Edited by BarneySox2007

Straight from the mouth of Bernard Childress (TSSAA).

"While recruiting is an issue among both private and public schools, but the past 8 known violations have involved public schools."

Make it 9 now. Another public school in the middle TN area just received punishment last week for recruiting violations. 

Stop beating a dead horse....you will not win

Pride while your point is well made and your logic is undeniable I'd probably steer clear of quoting ole two faced Bernie. He should be in politics. Again not arguing your point.

Yes, it's pretty difficult to overcome 5 TO's even against an average team, let alone a much larger school. Sounds like probably just the perfect storm. Next week will be a good match up for a GCA team that got the best of CAK last year, returns a ton, and added a few very good athletes. It should be exciting to watch it play out.

CAK has been working hard and hoping to make improvement over the last couple of years. Looking forward to next week. Hope you guys have some good concessions. Anything particularly good on the menu to make sure I grab?

Next week if Grace continues with the same worn out recipe they will be 0-2. That QB for CAK will light the field on fire if his receivers are being covered by kids that are worn out from playing both ways. I enjoy watching CAK second to Maryville because they always have a good QB and run a great offense. I watched a kid that played for them from Maryville have a big year when they won the state and got hooked on them ever since because I love an explosive offense.

Next week if Grace continues with the same worn out recipe they will be 0-2. That QB for CAK will light the field on fire if his receivers are being covered by kids that are worn out from playing both ways. I enjoy watching CAK second to Maryville because they always have a good QB and run a great offense. I watched a kid that played for them from Maryville have a big year when they won the state and got hooked on them ever since because I love an explosive offense.

You may now be my favorite poster lol. Yes, CAK is a lot of fun to watch. There really isn't another offense like it. Really. There are some with similarities, but it is truly CRB's concoction. When CAK has the athletes, it is very difficult to stop unless CAK stops themselves. The fact is that the last couple of years, CAK has just not had the mature athletes to run it like it is designed. This year just MAY be different.

The QB from CAK is the real deal, and although just a junior, started half his freshman year, and all his sophomore year. So he doesn't see the field like a Junior. Lots (and lots) of targets. The question for CAK has historically been if they can generate a defense without having to play their best athletes both ways most of the time. I REALLY like what I've seen of the D so far, although that is limited of course. Should be a really fun game to watch. I expect to see a much better Grace team than tonight though. But I'll be honest, I'd hate to be on the other side of what's coming.

Oh, and I LOVE me some Rathbone. Great kid, great RB, great family! I'd take 5 more just like him any day.

You have no clue about 2A football.

You have no clue about 2A football.

Honestly not being a smart "A" here but what do you mean? I know that you have to play some kids both ways, heck even Alcoa with 90 plus players does it. But GCA actually has more players on the roster than CAK. So they may be 2A vs CAK being 3A, but where CAK has 60 including injured, I believe 2A GCA has right at 70, at least that is what the PrepXtra mag shows.