Riverdale 1-0 at Franklin 0-1

TDCman

4,5, 10, or 20. Principal likes him and nothing is going to change. LOD is not a thug. As for his assault, every school in Tennessee has kids that can at any minute can turn on any and every coach when things do not go their way. Until he is gone I guess some will blame the program on him. Rankin left for a reason. I will say that the program would be in no better shape if his majesty was still at Riverdale We will never know because he left because he could not handle the situation as it is now and it would be the same.

I am assuming that you are a grown man and have had some  life work experience. Here is my point in a nutshell. I grew up in the oilfield of west Texas playing football. It is not just something kids do for the fun of it back there. I know it is pretty serious here as well. I think you would agree however that a lot has changed since either you or I strapped up. The biggest key elements that is missing here is accountability from the players and respect from the coaches. 

It is not just about blaming somebody or pointing a finger. While his win record may or may not be any better, you can bet  Rankin would never allow his players to act like that in a game without some serious repercussions. Number two Rankin had enough respect in the community and around the school and team that the assault incident wouldn't have happened. 

I can't imagine you walking into your work and staying there for any length of time if you were beat down for every thing you did. Cussed at, publicly mocked by your boss to your co-workers and then told you weren't going to get paid (played) ever despite your best efforts

You will never have great leaders on the field if you don't have one steering the ship. 

• Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So I have a question. are some of you trying to justify the discipline problem by saying that it's ok for the players to act the way they do based who the coach is? If so I totally disagree with that line of thinking. It starts with the parents. That hasn't been mentioned yet. I was raised with the understanding that an authority figure (coach, teacher, policeman, preacher, parents) got respect because they were in charge. And no matter how much you disagreed with or disliked them You were to remain respectful. If my parents had ever found out that I crossed the line, regardless of how big of an idiot the coach was, then I was in trouble at home. Also we are dealing with apples and oranges. No Rankin's players probably wouldn't have stepped out of line like some of coach A's players have. But Rankin also coached Riverdale during a time that he had a wider range of freedom when it come to disciplining a player. Rankin could get away with more. Today if you did half the stuff rankin did for discipline you lose your job. So yes Rankin's players were different and Rankin is a different coach than Aydelot. Don't really know if you will ever find a coach like Rankin again. Don't see him walking back in the door anytime soon. But complaining about the coach on an open forum that you know he will not respond to surely can't help the matter. Got to be a better way to get your point across than this. I should also say that I have never been to a practice nor do I have any insider information. So I don't know what is going on at practice. But I think all of the problems that Riverdale has is not just from one source. It's a multi- headed monster. I don't think they all go away by getting a new coach. Rankin would have some of if not all of the same issues to deal with had he not left. But he did leave.

Edited by milo118

So I have a question. are some of you trying to justify the discipline problem by saying that it's ok for the players to act the way they do based who the coach is? If so I totally disagree with that line of thinking. It starts with the parents. That hasn't been mentioned yet. I was raised with the understanding that an authority figure (coach, teacher, policeman, preacher, parents) got respect because they were in charge. And no matter how much you disagreed with or disliked them You were to remain respectful. If my parents had ever found out that I crossed the line, regardless of how big of an idiot the coach was, then I was in trouble at home. Also we are dealing with apples and oranges. No Rankin's players probably wouldn't have stepped out of line like some of coach A's players have. But Rankin also coached Riverdale during a time that he had a wider range of freedom when it come to disciplining a player. Rankin could get away with more. Today if you did half the stuff rankin did for discipline you lose your job. So yes Rankin's players were different and Rankin is a different coach than Aydelot. Don't really know if you will ever find a coach like Rankin again. Don't see him walking back in the door anytime soon. But complaining about the coach on an open forum that you know he will not respond to surely can't help the matter. Got to be a better way to get your point across than this. I should also say that I have never been to a practice nor do I have any insider information. So I don't know what is going on at practice. But I think all of the problems that Riverdale has is not just from one source. It's a multi- headed monster. I don't think they all go away by getting a new coach. Rankin would have some of if not all of the same issues to deal with had he not left. But he did leave.

Couldn't agree more with you. there are multiple issues.I know there is some exceptional talent at Riverdale and hope they get it all under control. 

Pathetic is bashing a coach on this forum.You tell me what the positives of bashing a coach on coacht are?

You comparing a couple posts you don't like to a Punk committing assault is more pathetic than anything LOD has ever said , what's next you gonna start comparing a few negative posts against your hero to terrorism ?

You comparing a couple posts you don't like to a Punk committing assault is more pathetic than anything LOD has ever said , what's next you gonna start comparing a few negative posts against your hero to terrorism ?

An assault is an assault. Verbal or physical,does not matter. You did not answer my question,what are the positives of coach bashing? By the way ,your analogy is pretty lame also. Edited by hardtackle

An assault is an assault. Verbal or physical,does not matter. You did not answer my question,what are the positives of coach bashing? By the way ,you analogy is pretty lame also.

For those of us that have supported this program for years with our support and our dollars "building the new football facility" and having sons that participated in the championship years at Riverdale, we have seen the fall of the program and the falling numbers of players that dont want to play for this coach.There are player in this school who are better than the players on the field that are not playing. The bashing you dont know about is the bashing thats coming from belittling players to the point they dont even want to come out. Thus the lowest numbers of players on the roster in years. We have the right to complain about seeing a once proud dominate program fall into oblivion lead by this coach. Beleive me, its not falling on deaf ears or the falling donations. It's time for a change. The students and the Warrior faithful deserve that much. Edited by warrior82dad

Then go to the person who can make a change. Coacht posts will not get anything accomplished.

The MAN who can fix this DOES read CoachT. Some of us have known this all along. If you actually had read ALL the R'dale posts over the last three years you would have known that.

As to 'assault' I know very well what it is and the elements that go into it to make the charge stick. First, one has to be 'in fear' that the assault will actually hurt them. That being said, IF Coach A is really in fear by posts from a talk board, he has more problems than we know of already.

Now as to YOUR veiled threats against me...........hahahahahahahahahahaha!!!!!!!!

See, NOT in fear.

This is a stupid arguement! But the facts are the great Riverdale program of the past is definitely diminished in the Coach A era! But one loss does not make a season. The Warriors made a change for the good last season and finished on a high note! They came in with high expectations and came away with a big win from an underdog position! Yes they had a big let down Friday night to supposedly a lesser team. Maybe it was because they left everything on the field the week before or maybe it was the big head effect and they simply overlooked the Rebels who knows? Coaches fault, players fault, maybe just a bad game period? My point is it's way to early to burn anyone at the stake! As I stated in an earlier thread this is probably a make or break year for Coach A but as real intelligent Riverdale fans lets see how this season ends before we pass judgment! Come on Warriors step up because the fact is this team is beloved by it's faithful!

Go Riverdale Warriors!