Gallatin (3-0) @ Henry Co. (2-1) - 5A Showdown

Gtowner

• Replies 167
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Still don't have a great feel on where this Henry County team is. They are improving, but so far we've played one good team, one average team, and one bad team. The scores will tell you who's who. I don't know how good Gallatin is, but they are undefeated and should be prepared for as if they are very good.

Our run defense is very solid. None of our opponents to this point have had much success on the ground. Houston had a field day passing against us and Liberty found modest success through the air as well. The pass D looked much better last night, but that was against Northeast. Our offense has improved the last couple of weeks, but we haven't faced a defense as good as Liberty's in either game. I don't know how Gallatin stacks up in that department.

Our kicker is very good.

That's all I got right now.     

Still don't have a great feel on where this Henry County team is. They are improving, but so far we've played one good team, one average team, and one bad team. The scores will tell you who's who. I don't know how good Gallatin is, but they are undefeated and should be prepared for as if they are very good.

Our run defense is very solid. None of our opponents to this point have had much success on the ground. Houston had a field day passing against us and Liberty found modest success through the air as well. The pass D looked much better last night, but that was against Northeast. Our offense has improved the last couple of weeks, but we haven't faced a defense as good as Liberty's in either game. I don't know how Gallatin stacks up in that department.

Our kicker is very good.

That's all I got right now.

I keep hearing about how good Henry Co's run defense is. It is fixing to be tested big time!!

Gallatin back will probably be the best HC has seen to this point.

Most likely correct. I haven't seen any overly impressive opposing backs thus far (in the regular season, that is). Liberty's were solid, but not as good as years past (in my opinion). Houston and NE couldn't get enough going on the ground for me to tell a whole lot about their backs. I look forward to the challenge Gallatin offers up.

Edited by MSURacer

Henry County will cause some matchup problems for Gallatin. Gallatin's OL must really bring all they have this week to establish the ground game. Gallatin can throw it but really has not needed to. Who are the top players for both teams? I'll start with Jordan Mason, Gallatin RB, 79 carries 557 yards in 3 games.

He's a legitimate player at the next level.