Gallatin (3-0) @ Henry Co. (2-1) - 5A Showdown

Gtowner

Said a couple of years ago 2015 and 2016 would be the years Gallatin has waited for.

I feel Gallatin wins 5A this year. This game won't be very close IMO. Gallatin 42-20

Slow down. Gallatin has a very good team but some kids expected to be a part of this team are not there and a few not expected are there. Gallatin has a long way to go and the dynamics of 5A have changed. We'll just wait and see. Henry County will be a good measuring stick. One game at a time. Edited by TheRealTruth

• Replies 167
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am not a Henry Co poster so please dont take my comments out on them...

I follow HC because of our yearly match up (Liberty Tech) and I pull for them outside of that week...

that being said...im looking @ who the Gmen have played so far and im trying to figure out who the impressive win is against...Mt Juliet may go 0'fer and they arent competitive vs traditional football powers...Springfield beat 2 mediocre 3a programs...and then theres Hunters Lane...enough said

unless ur boys can put the ball in the air on target...ur not gona get many 1st downs in Patriot land

looking @ ur schedule it seems that Henry co may very well be the best team ur going to see all season outside of Hendersonville and theyre not exactly blowing teams out of the water yet

good luck to both teams...a lil more luck to the Big Red

I follow HC because of our yearly match up (Liberty Tech) and I pull for them outside of that week...

that being said...im looking @ who the Gmen have played so far and im trying to figure out who the impressive win is against...Mt Juliet may go 0'fer and they arent competitive vs traditional football powers...Springfield beat 2 mediocre 3a programs...and then theres Hunters Lane...enough said

unless ur boys can put the ball in the air on target...ur not gona get many 1st downs in Patriot land

looking @ ur schedule it seems that Henry co may very well be the best team ur going to see all season outside of Hendersonville and theyre not exactly blowing teams out of the water yet

Interesting opinion. I'd say Hillsboro and Beech will be a tad good as well. I hope Gallatin can keep it within 3TDs with our weak schedule.

Mt Juliet will win a some games this year while Hunters Lane may not win any. Springfield has a really good squad this year, an experienced defense and a very solid ground game. I guess the same could be said about Henry Co's opponents. No offense but Liberty Tech has not exactly been world beaters in past years, Houston is down, and NE has not been good since Shelby left. I think the schedules thus far are very similar. But you are correct, Henry Co is definitely one of the top teams on our schedule.

Interesting opinion. I'd say Hillsboro and Beech will be a tad good as well. I hope Gallatin can keep it within 3TDs with our weak schedule.

I meant to put hillsboro not hendersonville...my bad...regardless

Hurd doesnt play for Beech anymore...not on the same level as what the past held

im not giving a score prediction because the HC O struggles a good bit...but theyre D can handle the pressure of winning games

I meant to put hillsboro not hendersonville...my bad...regardless

Hurd doesnt play for Beech anymore...not on the same level as what the past held

im not giving a score prediction because the HC O struggles a good bit...but theyre D can handle the pressure of winning games

So Hendersonville is not good either? Beech also won before Hurd and are very good this year. Are you coming to the game?

Before we all start a good week of discussion on this game let me just say I fully respect most of the posters from Henry Co. They are a very knowledgable bunch and one I have enjoyed talking to over the years. I just want to set the record straight. A few years ago, It was said on here that Gallatin was asked to play Henry Co and they refused. It sounded like Gallatin was dodging Henry Co when in fact the schedule had already been set and the open dates did not align. This past realignment opened the door for this meeting to take place. Both needed a good gate game and these 2 teams along with past tradition and fans would surely entertain everyone involved. I look forward to returning to Paris because I feel those fans know and respect the game better than most. Regarding places I have travelled to see Gallatin play I rank Henry Co right up there with the best atmospheres in the state bar NONE. (And I have a been to my fair share) I hope the weather will hold up because Paris is fixing to have a host of Green and Gold fans head up that way!! Should be a great game!!

Edited by GWAVE1

Before we all start a good week of discussion on this game let me just say I fully respect most of the posters from Henry Co. They are a very knowledgable bunch and one I have enjoyed talking to over the years. I just want to set the record straight. A few years ago, It was said on here that Gallatin was asked to play Henry Co and they refused. It sounded like Gallatin was dodging Henry Co when in fact the schedule had already been set and the open dates did not align. This past realignment opened the door for this meeting to take place. Both needed a good gate game and these 2 teams along with past tradition and fans would surely entertain everyone involved. I look forward to returning to Paris because I feel those fans know and respect the game better than most. Regarding places I have travelled to see Gallatin play I rank Henry Co right up there with the best atmospheres in the state bar NONE. (And I have a been to my fair share) I hope the weather will hold up because Paris is fixing to have a host of Green and Gold fans head up that way!! Should be a great game!!

I agree wholeheartedly with this!

I've been to this game twice before. 92' and 09'. The last time Gallatin was the underdog and I would expect that to be the case again this week. I really hope The Green Wave are up to the challenge this week. I'm ready to see how we match up with such a traditional power. Should be a packed house in Paris this week.

Don't speak on teams you have no knowledge about, the Gallatin posters can agree with me here, MJ lost to Gallatin by 3 points and went to overtime with Ravenwood last week, two very good football teams. Don't let the defeated record fool you. Edited by MJGOLDENBEARS

Before you go knocking Springfield, I think Henry County got all it wanted and then some from Springfield last season when they visited the Yellow Jackets. I think GWAVE1 will agree that this year's squad is just as good as last year's team. Springfield would have beat the Green Wave if not for one bad quarter in that game, but it takes 4 quarters and I tip my hat to the Wave.

This game should be excellent and Henry County will have their hands full for sure. Gallatin is big up front and they come right at you. Henry County is an excellent place to visit and the fans that I have met that post on here are outstanding representatives for their fan base. I do wish that siren would break down though, 😂. I would go to this game if Springfield was off this week for sure, but we are not.

Edited by JacketLover