Gallatin (3-0) @ Henry Co. (2-1) - 5A Showdown

Gtowner

• Replies 167
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This is irrelevant to this game, but I asked it a couple weeks ago and never got a response. But what happened to #11? Did he leave the team? Injured? Disciplinary issues? What?

He was a heck of an option at QB during the preseason, and I honestly expected he'd eventually take over full time. I'm just curious because his brother is still playing, yet I haven't seen him even dressed out on the sidelines.

This is irrelevant to this game, but I asked it a couple weeks ago and never got a response. But what happened to #11? Did he leave the team? Injured? Disciplinary issues? What?

He was a heck of an option at QB during the preseason, and I honestly expected he'd eventually take over full time. I'm just curious because his brother is still playing, yet I haven't seen him even dressed out on the sidelines.

Obviously not something you want to talk about much on a forum like this, but I believe the verdict is that he is not allowed to be on the team...its a real shame, because like you said, there was much promise moving forward.

Too much Mason? You think he will wear down the defense? I find it unlikely, though possible. For Gallatin to come away with those kind of numbers they must have something other than a run game...which would mean that Mason is not getting his normal numbers...

Against Mt Juliet Mason had 254 yards and Hayes the QB had around 150 yards passing as well. Not saying that will happen at all but he is not the only weapon at Gallatin. But I do not think Gallatin will get close to 38 points. I am thinking 14 to 21 for either team would be about accurate.

Against Mt Juliet Mason had 254 yards and Hayes the QB had around 150 yards passing as well. Not saying that will happen at all but he is not the only weapon at Gallatin. But I do not think Gallatin will get close to 38 points. I am thinking 14 to 21 for either team would be about accurate.

Its hard to say, but I think it will be hard for Mason to get 100+ yds. Like you, not saying this will be the case, I just think with the prep work going into it, he'll be hard pressed to get it. Throwing? Well, it doesn't take a rocket scientist to figure out that our pass defense has been exposed - but I will say they are make big strides to improve. Also like you, I think if someone gets to 21, they will be the winner. Much lower scoring affair...

Go Big RED!!!

Its hard to say, but I think it will be hard for Mason to get 100+ yds. Like you, not saying this will be the case, I just think with the prep work going into it, he'll be hard pressed to get it. Throwing? Well, it doesn't take a rocket scientist to figure out that our pass defense has been exposed - but I will say they are make big strides to improve. Also like you, I think if someone gets to 21, they will be the winner. Much lower scoring affair...

Go Big RED!!!

Well I know the Henry Co faithful have been saying that nobody would have 100 yards rushing on the Henry Co defense this year. If Mason can't do it, I am not sure who else on your schedule can. Anyway he can have 20 carries for 12 yards if Gallatin can get a victory I do not care. Everything that Henry Co is preparing for, The Green Wave are hard at work to counter. Looks like after a few days of rain chances, Friday should be less humid and great weather come game time. I am hearing a fairly good number of folks are headed that way. What y'all having at the tailgate??

Well I know the Henry Co faithful have been saying that nobody would have 100 yards rushing on the Henry Co defense this year. If Mason can't do it, I am not sure who else on your schedule can. Anyway he can have 20 carries for 12 yards if Gallatin can get a victory I do not care. Everything that Henry Co is preparing for, The Green Wave are hard at work to counter. Looks like after a few days of rain chances, Friday should be less humid and great weather come game time. I am hearing a fairly good number of folks are headed that way. What y'all having at the tailgate??

Sometimes the HC faithful get a bit carried away. Johnson for Liberty had about 150 in the first game (although one run for 50+ could have been a loss in the backfield if HC had wrapped him up,,,,but they didn't and Johnson keep churning and broke loose for a nice gain). I think Mason may be better from what I hear and Gallatins OL may be better than Liberty. Which means they will have some success running. How much ? That's the question.

I do think HC offense is getting better and Gallatins DL will not be as good as Liberty,so I think HC will have some success offensively as well.

Just my thoughts.

Keeping it real.

Should be a great game.

GO BIG RED 

There are always plenty of hot dogs and brats. But the main course this week will be BBQ chicken quarters. Slow roasting so should be some good eating!

Like Realist said above, its not impossible to get 100+ yds, just tougher than normal. And I think we have improved - even on defensive line play - since the Liberty game. But I know Gallatin will have something up their sleeve to make some magic happen! Here's to hoping that the weather will work itself out for a great pre-game and gametime experience.