Dresden Lions @ UC Tornadoes (streak ends on Oct 16)

TheReaper

@ WC, and for records, then you are just one big excuse if you call debating & analyzing common opponents which for another cliche for you, if you have done once you've done a thousand times bumping your chest about your score vs Trenton and uc score vs them. Just saying try not to talk out of both sides of flaps. With that said we would love for you to come on down to the Boro and watch us hand them their first loss of the year.

@stankfan89---who I suspect did not graduate in 1989, due to a serious failure in English skills from a lot of your posts on T.

Go quote and post "how" many times I talked about the difference in scoring between UC & Peabody and Dresden & Peabody. 

Did they move the game from Cookeville? Certainly, you're not that stupid to think they play for the "football" marbles in the Boro. You will be a spectator when it's all said and done. 

Do us all a favor and go back to school and finish. You can do it!

Reaper I assure you of one thing. I know the weakness of this UC team. However, I will not point it out on the T. That is the Lion's coaching staff's job. I'm sure they already know and have a plan in place to exploit it. But the UC coaching staff also knows this and are very good at fixing such things or using a weakness to their advantage. They also know the weakness in the Lion's armour and they will expose that as well. I'm not sure if you can accept this next bit of knowledge and experience that I'm about this drop on you but here goes. To borrow it quote from a cowboy movie a few years back " This ain't my first rodeo". I believe you are intelligent enough to access what I am saying. The UC coaching staff has been in this spot several times over the last 5 years and they know how to prepare for it. They have won games that no one else gave them a chance to win. I refer you to the 2009 Title Game. Everyone knows who we played and how that game turned out. Coach Bowling is well seasoned and knows how to prepare for an outstanding team like the Lions will bring to Tornado Alley. No matter the obvious advantages the Lions bring to the game the Tornadoes will be ready. If I may, I will add the UC coaching staff to your list of advantages. Your extremely short list. I extend the same offer to you as I have the Posse and any other Lion's fan to meet and shake hands before and after the game.

• Upvote 1

@stankfan89---who I suspect did not graduate in 1989, due to a serious failure in English skills from a lot of your posts on T.

Go quote and post "how" many times I talked about the difference in scoring between UC & Peabody and Dresden & Peabody. 

Did they move the game from Cookeville? Certainly, you're not that stupid to think they play for the "football" marbles in the Boro. You will be a spectator when it's all said and done. 

Do us all a favor and go back to school and finish. You can do it!

Uhh he was speaking of Waynesboro.

Reaper I assure you of one thing. I know the weakness of this UC team. However, I will not point it out on the T. That is the Lion's coaching staff's job. I'm sure they already know and have a plan in place to exploit it. But the UC coaching staff also knows this and are very good at fixing such things or using a weakness to their advantage. They also know the weakness in the Lion's armour and they will expose that as well. I'm not sure if you can accept this next bit of knowledge and experience that I'm about this drop on you but here goes. To borrow it quote from a cowboy movie a few years back " This ain't my first rodeo". I believe you are intelligent enough to access what I am saying. The UC coaching staff has been in this spot several times over the last 5 years and they know how to prepare for it. They have won games that no one else gave them a chance to win. I refer you to the 2009 Title Game. Everyone knows who we played and how that game turned out. Coach Bowling is well seasoned and knows how to prepare for an outstanding team like the Lions will bring to Tornado Alley. No matter the obvious advantages the Lions bring to the game the Tornadoes will be ready. If I may, I will add the UC coaching staff to your list of advantages. Your extremely short list. I extend the same offer to you as I have the Posse and any other Lion's fan to meet and shake hands before and after the game.

You have earned my respect BigSwo. What started off as a semi-tumultuous between you and I, I have developed an admiration for your responses. You have went through the gamut of discussion and as the time is getting closer---we are bonding. I may or may not shake hands with everyone  or anyone, because that's how I am. I'm low key. When I, the Genius, started this thread--there were Dresden supporters (a lot of fair-weathers) on here calling for this thread to be deleted, but you and I kept it alive and now the time is approaching. You see, I state facts and base my posts on facts, unlike a lot of people. It is going to be a good game and everyone knows this will be battle of power versus precision. Thank you for keeping this thread alive 2 or 3 weeks ago, even when some of the Dresden "so called homers" were cowering.  

If we can keep the inbred stanks off of here, it would be a perfect thread. 

• Upvote 1

This game has been building up all season and Now its showtime this week for sure.  Channel 11 will more than likely have it and will show it all next week for all in the area can see it.   Will UC have the field painted up for the big showdown or do they only do that for playoff games. 

UC and the Veer is so hard to stop and Dresden will go as their QB goes.  Defense by both teams will be the factor for the game.  Who can stop who.  Mistakes will need to be eliminated.  Flags kill in this type of game.  It will come down to a stop here or there and ball control. 

Question is...  Is Dresden ready to hit the bully in the mouth or do they have a let down or are they still a year out?  if this game would been played earlier in the season I would of pick UC.  But since it is this week I'm say ............ah..............ah......................I still go with the BigSwo team  

Edited by 34ME

You have earned my respect BigSwo. What started off as a semi-tumultuous between you and I, I have developed an admiration for your responses. You have went through the gamut of discussion and as the time is getting closer---we are bonding. I may or may not shake hands with everyone or anyone, because that's how I am. I'm low key. When I, the Genius, started this thread--there were Dresden supporters (a lot of fair-weathers) on here calling for this thread to be deleted, but you and I kept it alive and now the time is approaching. You see, I state facts and base my posts on facts, unlike a lot of people. It is going to be a good game and everyone knows this will be battle of power versus precision. Thank you for keeping this thread alive 2 or 3 weeks ago, even when some of the Dresden "so called homers" were cowering.

If we can keep the inbred stanks off of here, it would be a perfect thread.

Ya know I have also gained respect for you. I believe we understand each other better now. You are a cocky cuss but I sorta like that. I guess the biggest thing for me was starting this thread month before game week when so many things could go wrong for both teams. I will say that you have certainly made this the most interesting thread of the year for myself and one more thing. Not that they needed it, but you have helped my Tornadoes get really fired up about playing the Lions. Respect

This game has been building up all season and Now its showtime this week for sure. Channel 11 will more than likely have it and will show it all next week for all in the area can see it. Will UC have the field painted up for the big showdown or do they only do that for playoff games.

UC and the Veer is so hard to stop and Dresden will go as their QB goes. Defense by both teams will be the factor for the game. Who can stop who. Mistakes will need to be eliminated. Flags kill in this type of game. It will come down to a stop here or there and ball control.

Question is... Is Dresden ready to hit the bully in the mouth or do they have a let down or are they still a year out? if this game would been played earlier in the season I would of pick UC. But since it is this week I'm say ............ah..............ah......................I still go with the BigSwo team

Thank you for your support. I think I will stick with my Tornadoes as well. Honestly I sometimes find myself wondering how all this will end. Who knows? It could be Oct 16. But that will be just one game. This year as in any year, the ultimate goal is to win the Title. This could possibly be our last chance to win the 1A title for years to come. I'm sure we will be back in 2A next year.

This game has been building up all season and Now its showtime this week for sure.  Channel 11 will more than likely have it and will show it all next week for all in the area can see it.   Will UC have the field painted up for the big showdown or do they only do that for playoff games. 

UC and the Veer is so hard to stop and Dresden will go as their QB goes.  Defense by both teams will be the factor for the game.  Who can stop who.  Mistakes will need to be eliminated.  Flags kill in this type of game.  It will come down to a stop here or there and ball control. 

Question is...  Is Dresden ready to hit the bully in the mouth or do they have a let down or are they still a year out?  if this game would been played earlier in the season I would of pick UC.  But since it is this week I'm say ............ah..............ah......................I still go with the BigSwo team  

Word on the street (which is a close street to the school) is that Dresden has or will appeal the suspension of the wide receiver. Either way it goes, if he's back- it's another weapon, if not- they still have several. What's being overlooked in this game is the defense for Dresden isn't really getting any mention and the Coach takes a lot of pride in the defense. They don't get the credit they deserve and have grown up a lot this season. To be as lean as they are, they are pretty agile. According to a close source, which I cannot verify independently, is that the QB is being looked at by several D1 schools (a Big Ten school and Clemson to name a couple of them). Wouldn't be surprised if some visitors aren't present at this Friday's game to watch several players from both teams. UC will have a boost to their economy this Friday night for sure. At the beginning of this season, I would have said that Dresden is a year away and that UC will roll to the Title again....but my perception has changed over the year.