Dresden Lions @ UC Tornadoes (streak ends on Oct 16)

TheReaper

Success at UC on many levels, more importantly in academics. With 15% of this past year's graduating class scoring >30 on the ACT and the success of the magnet school, athletics small part of reason enrollment increased by 25 sice last year. If you have a good product, you tend to attract people, especially on coach T.

so with academics and sports program be so high it looks like every parent in obion co would enroll their kid at uc.15% is unreal. When the nation wide rate being about 6% that make 27 or higher on act. So uc is more like a private with out the title than a public

so with academics and sports program be so high it looks like every parent in obion co would enroll their kid at uc.15% is unreal. When the nation wide rate being about 6% that make 27 or higher on act. So uc is more like a private with out the title than a public

UC is a single A public school with great public support. Just like Huntingdon and other surrounding school systems, we expect a lot in our school system. We have a lot of community pride in our school system, in both academics and athletics. We are blessed to be excelling in both.

Those ACT stats sound unrealistic. That would mean they offer the best education in that county and have the smallest enrollment. Somethings gotta give.

Not unrealistic, just meeting goals set, agendas fulfilled, just stating the facts. Go to the school lobby and look at the trophy case listing every student in UC history that has made score of 30 or more

Not at all like a private. In a private school there is tuition that must be paid to attend. UC is a public school and always will be. We just focus on education at a high level. As far as athletics are concerned all I can say is that our kids have bought in to a program that very demanding probably as demanding as the Huntingdon program or any other that is traditionally strong. They work hard and are committed. Add to that great coaching and you have a successful program.

Now as far as parents wanting their kids to come here you can find ad many reasons for or against as there are people. I made that decision when my kids were in grade school and Jr. High. My decision was made simply on education and nothing else. Two years later Coach Bowling came to our program and then we started our current success. So I sorta got a bonus I guess you could say. For me athletics didn't matter.

Not at all like a private. In a private school there is tuition that must be paid to attend. UC is a public school and always will be. We just focus on education at a high level. As far as athletics are concerned all I can say is that our kids have bought in to a program that very demanding probably as demanding as the Huntingdon program or any other that is traditionally strong. They work hard and are committed. Add to that great coaching and you have a successful program.

Now as far as parents wanting their kids to come here you can find ad many reasons for or against as there are people. I made that decision when my kids were in grade school and Jr. High. My decision was made simply on education and nothing else. Two years later Coach Bowling came to our program and then we started our current success. So I sorta got a bonus I guess you could say. For me athletics didn't matter.

The kids that attend uc that are not in uc school zone pay to go there right Edited by horse

The kids that attend uc that are not in uc school zone pay to go there right

If you are an obion county resident, you can go to union city, and vice versa, you can go to obion central or south Fulton. All public schools, so no charge.

Edited by Atlas

Not unrealistic, just meeting goals set, agendas fulfilled, just stating the facts. Go to the school lobby and look at the trophy case listing every student in UC history that has made score of 30 or more

I never have cared for the word "unrealistic", it's used to justify failure in many cases, I rather take my own chances figuring out what is possible.....

Edited by Kevin38

You can only talk about uc and dresden on this thread.They get upset when you talk football. And how things could work out the final weeks of the season

horse, to give you some ammo they were talking about this game 2 weeks ago, and both fans were talking about so go ahead and talk about it they cant hate on you for doing that or they being ignorant.