Winless team in playoffs possible, Thoughts?

hardtackle

Guys, It doesn't matter if you have won 6 or 8 games and have to play a team like Maryville in the first round.Coach Quarles is a class act and will not beat you near as bad as he could.I well remember one of mine on a 5-5 team going there for a first round exit.Myself,I liked this game because there was no question as to the outcome and I got to see my kids team go against the very best and not some average team putting them out.Sure it was 41-0, but who doesn't as a competitive player or coach want to take atleast one shot at the best.Just the way I see it

Edited by BatmanDB

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think they ought to come up with a ratio to figure out how many teams get in the playoffs from each region based on the size of the region.

Why should 4 get in from a 9 team region and 4 get in from a 5 team region.[/quotes]. I agree! Been a problem for several years now. Send 5 from the 9 team region and 3 from the 5 team region... Have a Tuesday "play in" game for the bottom team if they have 3 or less wins against the fifth place team. Another option.

Edited by FreeAgent11

I think they ought to come up with a ratio to figure out how many teams get in the playoffs from each region based on the size of the region.

Why should 4 get in from a 9 team region and 4 get in from a 5 team region.[/quotes]. I agree! Been a problem for several years now. Send 5 from the 9 team region and 3 from the 5 team region... Have a Tuesday "play in" game for the bottom team if they have 3 or less wins against the fifth place team. Another option.

Easy way to fix that is go back to 3 or 4 classes. The attendance would offset the loss of 2-3 classes since there would literally be tons of great games every week. Never gonna happen though with the current leadership running things

I hear ya on the inconsistency. Boone's problem is similar, in that when the line is good the backs are not and vice versa, when the QB can throw the WR's can't catch, etc. we just can't ever get it together in the same year.

I think all the ingredients are there this year because I have seen them play brilliantly in all phases of the game but they can never seem to put it all together in one night. It's really frustrating.

I'm just happy Wilson Central makes the playoffs this year. If you look at last years district we would be playing Gallatin for probably the last spot. If you accept that we lose to Hendersonville and beat Portland we would 3-3 in the district and playing Gallatin for the last playoff spot. Since Galatin and Beech were both 5A WC would be the third place 6A team in our district and Gallatin would easily qualify for the playoffs.

So yes some of the very bad teams get to the playoffs but I think the results end up about the same in 6A.

Why should 4 get in from a 9 team region and 4 get in from a 5 team region.

I hate the idea of regions with 8-9 teams anyways. It sucks when you go from being in a 5-team region to a 9-team region. You lose out on good non-region games and usually get stuck with at least a couple crappy region games.

I know on this last change alot of really good rivalries got broken up.