Huntingdon @ Wayne County (Week 10)

WCHS_Wildcats_#2

There's been lots of talk on here throughout the year about starters not getting to play in the second half but when you look at it every good team that is expected to be in it when it comes playoff time are all in the same boat as far as being up big at the half times and jv playing the second half. If there's a positive to it I wonder how many injuries would these teams have if their starters had played all four qtrs in every game. It's gotta help only playing half as many qtrs.

Definitely, statistically it cuts the chance of injury in half.  I'm not really worried about the conditioning standpoint.  Yes, it will affect these kids some, but my question is how will they handle it mentally... how will they play when it comes down to the wire, and they are tested.

I'm confident Huntingdon will answer the call, but I won't be 100% convinced until it actually happens.  I know all these kids have heart, and play for each other.  It's been said 100 times on here, but we've got several kids that can take one to the house at any time, but when they don't have the rock in their hand they are giving 100% to pick up blocks for their teammates. 

I know Wayne County is the same way.  They're a very well coached team, and great program.  Anybody, in Huntingdon, that thinks otherwise has a very short term memory.  I already had an annual day scheduled for the championship game in Cookville in 2011.  We all know how that worked out.

No way we can base 2015 off of 2011, but great programs may have some down years, but it doesn't last long.  This is going to be a good one!

On the plus side, both teams' JV squads have got a lot of quality reps under their belt this year...

Definitely, statistically it cuts the chance of injury in half. I'm not really worried about the conditioning standpoint. Yes, it will affect these kids some, but my question is how will they handle it mentally... how will they play when it comes down to the wire, and they are tested.

I'm confident Huntingdon will answer the call, but I won't be 100% convinced until it actually happens. I know all these kids have heart, and play for each other. It's been said 100 times on here, but we've got several kids that can take one to the house at any time, but when they don't have the rock in their hand they are giving 100% to pick up blocks for their teammates.

I know Wayne County is the same way. They're a very well coached team, and great program. Anybody, in Huntingdon, that thinks otherwise has a very short term memory. I already had an annual day scheduled for the championship game in Cookville in 2011. We all know how that worked out.

No way we can base 2015 off of 2011, but great programs may have some down years, but it doesn't last long. This is going to be a good one!

On the plus side, both teams' JV squads have got a lot of quality reps under their belt this year...

WC has 57 kids on the team and every one of them have got to play in every game but one.

We will be a different team without Johnson...very good point made on the local radio show this morning...he was the kid that made our offense go...did all the little things right...we will miss DJ but several will have to step up and fill his role...I watched about half of the Bruceton game...I have no doubt we can score on WC but can we get enough stops to win the game...that's the million dollar question..very impressed with WC D linemen...whoever wins the trench battle and makes the fewest mistakes will win...WC has 2 advantages...game is in Waynesboro and WC is healthy and Huntingdon for the 1st time all year is not

Let me say that if you have not seen both teams play how can you say who has the most team speed ? I have not seen Huntington play so I will not say who has more. I do know Wayne County has plenty. I will tell you WC players are looking forward to playing HH and they could care less who has this game circled, squared , or triangled. The one poster who doesn't have a dog in this race and has seen both play ( feared eagle) has stated they do not know who to pick. Just a short history lesson. I read on this same board the same junk that I read in 2011. I am not trying to say it will be the same result but I'm not saying it won't. Wayne County has as much confidence as Huntington in winning. If you are baseing everything on a scrimmage or who beat who worse I'm afraid your in for a dose of reality. I expect a close contest but in the end I have confidence my boys from Wayne County to take the win in Rd. 1 because I also believe there very well could be Rd. 2. Hope all players and fans have a safe trip.

Ask Dresden how basing games on "who beat who and how bad" works, just saying.....lol

Oh yeah forgot to mention:

HHS beat Milan.....lol

Edited by Kevin38

Well I am from Springfield but my wife and I live in Paris, TN, if it was in Huntington it would just be down the road, if I didn't have to work this is one that would be worth making the trip for.....

I believe you use to post on Jo Byrnes threads alot. Am I correct?  HHS beat Milan. Let's not forget. lol

Edited by cat1973

I believe you use to post on Jo Byrnes threads alot. Am I correct? HHS beat Milan. Let's not forget. lol

Yeah I support JBS as they are in my home county, they are a well coached bunch, Coach Adkins was my 7th grade science teacher, great guy and he gets the absolute most out of those kids.....