Huntingdon @ Wayne County (Week 10)

WCHS_Wildcats_#2

Just want to say to these WC players, great job again this week! WC fans weren't surprised with the outcome of this game because we knew you were at least as good as HHS if not better! We were better tonight, enjoy this win, and lets take of the"TROJANS" next week and get ready for the playoffs! "GO CATS"

I heard from a source that Cwood ain't fielding a team this year

I'll be honest, Scotts Hill played a more physical game than Huntingdon. The last run by Rice was proof of that...

Guru, Huntingdon also ran the same plays over an over. I guess hoping it would finally break, that might work against a lesser defense. Two big plays from Huntingdon, the int and the big run, other than that it was all WC.

I totally agree with all of this. SH was more physical bunch and when you throw 1 pass the WHOLE game....yeah your gonna lose.

Some stats...

Total Offense:

12 completed passes 145yds 2TDs 12.1 ypc

37 Rush 253yds 2TDs 6.8 ypc

49 for 398yds 4TDs

3rd down conv. 3/8

4th down conv. 0/0

Passing:

Rice (#5) 12-19 145yds 2TDs 1INT

Rushing:

Cole (#4) 15 rushes 108yds

Rice (#5) 12 rushes 118yds 2TDs

Receiving:

Horton (#32) 3 rec 29yds 1TD

Davis (#8) 3 rec 26yds

Bevis (#15) 2 rec 11yds

Prater (#42) 1 rec 48yds 1TD *1st rec this yr

3 others caught a pass so Rice connected with 7 different receivers on just 12 completions!

Defense:

0-1 Passing 1INT

35 rushes 196yds 2TDs 5.6ypc

3rd down conv. 2/7

4th down conv. 0/0

Floyd (#52) & Prater (#42) had BIG games but if I was picking the Def player of the game I'd go with Hill (#40) he had an INT and a Fumble recovery.

Kicking:

Sinclair (#19) 3/4 PATs

Punting:

Ray (#7) 4 punts 134yds 33.5 avg

TOTAL DOMINATION!!

Heard Rice say on the after game radio show that WC was a little beat up before this game and not 100% neither... One kid for WC played with a fractured foot that they had taped up real tight before the game hoping he could go on and play.

This is true we to had injuries to our top players. We was without our starting RG and our Starting TE/DE was limited on snaps. Also the guy your referring to plus 2 others who are nowhere near 100% so yeah we are banged up quite a bit.

Hate Huntingdon lost #44  kids a baller. No idea how early he was lost  but he would have made it a different game for Huntingdon on both sides of the ball.

Congrats to WC   from Camden.You guys must have a heck of a team because you just beat one

Edited by Beagle

Cupcakes! Same here at waverly. Our schedule on a normal year would have been tough. But with Hickman and Lewis being down it really our preparedness. Seems all the regions around here are down no matter if it's 1,2 or 3a. Just look at camdens region. Hate that Huntingdon has so many injured. Congrats to Wayne co.

#44 has a broken ankle from what I've been told, Kermit.

I was down at field level an could see it clearly when it happened, it was tough to see. I truly hate it for the kid. As I said after the game last night, he's a greet athlete and probably even better kid. Hope he is doing well this morning Edited by wildcatalumni

This is true we to had injuries to our top players. We was without our starting RG and our Starting TE/DE was limited on snaps. Also the guy your referring to plus 2 others who are nowhere near 100% so yeah we are banged up quite a bit.

I noticed #32 out a lot. #4 even sat out some plays. He didn't look 100%. Was he one of them that was sick or whatever?

You might have missed the run of the year BH. Rice had a good one for the last TD. Cole and Ray put a hurtin on some of their defenders.

Bigby, I stood with one of MtP former coaches. I thought the same thing about old region 6. You gotta come ready to hit and be hit.

Not surprised at this W for Wayne County.  Not taking anything away from the Stangs, Wayne County tradition continues and Huntingdon I feel even though undefeated coming into this game lost one of two starting Q B's.  Look for these two to hook up again in round 3.