Official Thread: Mr. Football Nominations for 2015

CoachT

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wilkes had 7 touchdowns last Friday night at Gleason and 200 yards at the half with Lake Co up 47-22.He finished with 244 yards on only 17 carries as Lake Co shut him down in the second half.He also led the team with 12 tackles.For the season Wilkes has 1780 yards and 29 touchdowns.He has the other teams loading the box and knowing he is basically all Lake Co has to offer.Averaging 222 yards at game at the moment and has not played at the end of some games like Fulton co,Greenfield.A lot of players would love to have 100 yard games but Wilkes is averaging double that and then some.And plays every play,on offense,defense,punts and kickoffs,something the other players may not have to do since they have 50 players and Lake Co has only about 22 players.And I think he has about 200 receiving yards and has thrown for at least 50 yards .Maybe LC 00 has the receiving,passing ,stats but all the info above was from the local paper yesterday.

Edited by mrbigster

Who can submit the kids. Is it media,coaches or what. We have 2 kids who should get consideration

Did you ever get an answer?

These are the numbers on the two kids you mentioned but only thru 7 games (4 of those games they only played 1st half)

Jerry Lunsford: RB, Slot Receiver, Lbr

802 yds rushing on 75 carries

393 receiving yds on 18 catches

Tackles: 40+ (not tallied yet)

Kick Returns: N/A

Coby Jones: QB, FS

1128 yds passing on 46 completions (63%).....Threw one INT 

715 yds rushing on 62 carries

2 INT as FS (1 90 yd pick 6)

Punts: Really not sure...Has only punted 3 times and one was for 62 yds

Tackles: 40

Thru first 7 games

I know you're not going to get looked at if you don't have big O numbers, but Daniel Bituli (OLB) from Nashville Christian is worthy. For Pete's sake, the kid is a 5-star recruit, had 25-30 big time offers, and will be playing for some guy named Jones in Knoxville next year.

The last part of this quote will almost ensure him a finalst in one of the two Catogories just like Stewart from Coalfield last yr.Those offers regardless will get him in.Watch and see.

Winn, Clendenin and Wilkes are all worthy in my book. Winn has great stats even with a bad game against UC. Clendedin is a monster and would have crazy numbers if he played the second have of most of UC's games this year (prolly hurt for Mr Football though). Wilkes is as special as mentioned earlier. Every team knows he is getting the ball and key on him the whole game. Still averaging 200 yards per game is special. I would expect him to be well over 100 tonight against UC. And that's against UC, did I mention UC???