Oak Ridge basketball

SweetScience

• 2 weeks later...

I thought this was the best Cats team in a long time. Who will replace Gee and JJ? Can they actually be better than last year?

I think we have a chance to be just as good as this past season. Jared Galloway & Tyshawn Young should fill the hole left by Javien. We have 2 good PG's coming up in the Smith brothers. Gee, while being really good for us for 3 years had a tendency to turn the ball over at the worst times. I think Lavert is a bit of a better ball handler than Gee was. Also, watch for the emergence of rising JR Caleb Martin. Another 6'4''+ wing player is always nice to have.

Was this year's team the most disappointing in Oak Ridge basketball history?

Nah. For whatever reason Crockett just had our number last season. Even if we hadn't of lost to them, I doubt we get by either East or Cordova. The Crockett game could've gone either way. You win some, you lose some. We weren't going to win a state title either way. Just bein' real.

Edited by SweetScience

• 3 weeks later...

Alright Wildcat fans need a fix? The balls will be bouncing in Oak Ridge Monday (6-13) and Tuesday (6-14). Dem Cats will be hosting a Camp with loads of teams entering the Secret City. Several 3-AAA teams will be there so you can get an idea of how our district is looking. Knoxville Powers West and Fulton will be on hand. David Crocket makes an appearance but I think they escape playing OR. Many other East Tennessee teams fill out the camp. Games will be played in two gyms at ORHS and both middle schools.

To see the full schedule go to David Clary's twitter page.

RWR!