Mr. Football Semifinalists Announced

TheAmbassador

I saw Wilkes play Dresden and he is good but we held him to 35 yards in the first half. Got most of his yards against subs. He finished with 170.

Wilkes scored on a 37 yarder in the first quarter. and a few first downs ,althought not many in the second quarter so your numbers are off for the first half.But I do know he scored on a 37 yarderHe also scored on a long run late in the 3rd quarter so wondering if you're right about the subs already being in the game in the 3rd quarter.Probably can pull up the film  .And he had about 150 yards in the first half against Union City,who beat Dresden.Pretty sure that wasnt their subs in the first half. 

Edited by mrbigster

Just went back and looked at some articles about Wilkes.Just the first 4 games.First game was against Halls.on Aug. 21.The weekly paper comes out the following Wednesday so will always be dated 5 days after the game if anyone wants to look.First game against Halls.Had 168 yards rushing and was 5-5 passing for 70 yards.Had 3 returns for 129 yards but also had an 82 yard kickoff and a punt return for a score called back.Second game Aug 2 against Fulton co.Sept 2nd in the Lake Co Banner.Wilkes had 200 yards at the half and finished with 270 yards.Would think he came out early in a 28 point win.Third game against Greenfield.Lake Co leading 40-0 at end of 1st quarter.Was winning 60-24 at the half.Wilkes had 294 yards rushing with 6 touchdowns.Won 74-40 so with 60 points at the half,Lake Co called Wilkes off.Game 4 against West Carrol.Lake Co won 46-12 with Wilkes scoring on runs of 60,70 and 29 yards.Wilkes fisished with 425 total yards and 6 touchdowns.These are just some of the games.Didnt even look or count the Humboldt games aor Gleason games.Had 300 yards against Humboldt Close to 200 against Union City.About 170 against Dresden.So,playing on a team not as good as last years.Quarterback quit going into the 9th game.Not counting games he was pulled out of and also not counting a lot of runs or touchdowns called back.I'd say he had a great year.

Just went back and looked at some articles about Wilkes.Just the first 4 games.First game was against Halls.on Aug. 21.The weekly paper comes out the following Wednesday so will always be dated 5 days after the game if anyone wants to look.First game against Halls.Had 168 yards rushing and was 5-5 passing for 70 yards.Had 3 returns for 129 yards but also had an 82 yard kickoff and a punt return for a score called back.Second game Aug 2 against Fulton co.Sept 2nd in the Lake Co Banner.Wilkes had 200 yards at the half and finished with 270 yards.Would think he came out early in a 28 point win.Third game against Greenfield.Lake Co leading 40-0 at end of 1st quarter.Was winning 60-24 at the half.Wilkes had 294 yards rushing with 6 touchdowns.Won 74-40 so with 60 points at the half,Lake Co called Wilkes off.Game 4 against West Carrol.Lake Co won 46-12 with Wilkes scoring on runs of 60,70 and 29 yards.Wilkes fisished with 425 total yards and 6 touchdowns.These are just some of the games.Didnt even look or count the Humboldt games aor Gleason games.Had 300 yards against Humboldt Close to 200 against Union City.About 170 against Dresden.So,playing on a team not as good as last years.Quarterback quit going into the 9th game.Not counting games he was pulled out of and also not counting a lot of runs or touchdowns called back.I'd say he had a great year.

Well sir is there anyway you could just total up his passing numbers and overall TDs so I can add that to my stats for him? It seems it will make his numbers even better! Id like to see how many yds he has passing.

Well sir is there anyway you could just total up his passing numbers and overall TDs so I can add that to my stats for him? It seems it will make his numbers even better! Id like to see how many yds he has passing.

I just have his rushing and touchsown totals from the local paper after the last game.There is another LC poster on here that keeps up with the Lake Coofficial  stats for everything during every game that ususally gets on here.Maybe he will see this and give all the stats,receiving,passing,punt returns,total yardage.

By the way.No matter ,Congrats to all the players.I have seen Winn and he is a great player as well.Havent seen Rice but am friends with his Dad as he was the Coach at Lake Co a few years and am familiar with his brothers so I'm sure he is deserving as well.

By the way.No matter ,Congrats to all the players.I have seen Winn and he is a great player as well.Havent seen Rice but am friends with his Dad as he was the Coach at Lake Co a few years and am familiar with his brothers so I'm sure he is deserving as well.

Yeah he was HC up in Lake County in '91 n '92. I believe he went 7-4 and 5-5 going to the 1st rd both years. He was also an Asst. Coach on the '92 & '93 baseball teams @ LC.

Too much importance placed on stats...passing yardage leader, TD leader, YPG leader, one and the same...Thomas Kimmel Jr.

Mr. Football in 2A...Andrew Goldsmith, hands down. With all due respect to "my" guy (Kimmel), he's an excellent high school football player, but Goldsmith is on another level and deserves the award.

I'm a "homer"...my parents, my siblings, my children, my spouse, and myself all graduated from Scotts Hill...I could easily be on here with statistic's to "prove" that a fellow SH Lion had earned the title of Mr. Football, except that I'm also a realist, and in reality the best football player in 2A is a Lion, a TCA Lion.