3A Quarterfinals: CAK at Alcoa (The Annual Rematch)

AlcoaBasketball

Wow! That's all I can say about this Alcoa team! While some of their defenses in the past may have had more "names" this IMO is the best defense I've seen them field, and that's saying a lot for Alcoa. Can't say enough good things about how well they played on D, and while this may not be their most effective running attack, they are very effective in the passing game when it is needed. Congratulations on a great win. I would be very surprised if anyone in 3A keeps it close.

If anyone gets an update on Cole Smith please post it! Prayers for a fine young man!

Warrior2011's kid played the second half with a broken knuckle so he's gonna be occupied this evening getting that looked at.  Yet another of the Warrior walking wounded.  I'll post more detail when the dust settles, but for now I'll leave it at Alcoa just has way too much this year, on O and D, and too much depth.  I don't see anybody giving the Tornadoes a serious challenge for the gold ball this year.

Won't be hearing any excuses from me--Alcoa's just way better this year.

I will make one quick comment about off the field events.  I wish all the fans had the same level of class as most of you Alcoa guys who post on here.  When fans start yelling unconstructive stuff when the visiting team's QB is motionless on the field, being checked by medical staff, somebody next to the hooligans need to elbow them and tell them to shut up.

Lol! In all seriousness, great season for the Warriors! Anxious to hear thoughts from govolsknox and warriors2011.

• Upvote 1