Columbia Academy @ Greenback

orngnblk

Well we started with a rag tag coaching staff that turned out to be outstanding and had the kids prepared EVERY week.The kids worked their butts off and this is the prize--WIN OR LOSE it their prize they will forever be enshrined with the Cherokee nation.I've been part of this week and it is something just to be a part of it.I know what's waiting but I don't CARE these kids will have a memory even losing cannot take away.But we are gonna go out trying.I know it hurts for some of you teams that are the real #2s,#3s and so on but we will be in Cookeville next week and WE ARE BRINGING HOME A BALL!They earned it.Oh yeah Bass CA will score at least 35 well GB is a pretty dang good REAL 1A school.

Congrats on this one! Go fight next week and let the cards fall where they may! I am one of the few who believes anything can happen on any given night! You guys winning gold is not unachievable - hence BRENTWOOD ACADEMY VS MARION COUNTY 1992! Play your best and I for one will be pulling for GB! See ya there! One final note you guys shut number one down - I think I remember at least once where your #1 put him on the ground before leaving the line of scrimmage- i said for three weeks that's how you beat them - defense played lights out! Congrats GB on a great season

Yep, I thought they would score 35 or more and thought Greenback would score 28. I missed the pick.

Barney, Old Pirate says you missed a dandy. OP was surprised both didn't score more & like you thought would be a 7 pt win either way. Sure was great to be standing amongst a HEEP of folkes wearing orange & black. Edited by OLD PIRATE

Congrats Greenback! I didn't think yall would beat CA but yall proved me wrong. Enjoy the experience and go leave it all on the field in Cookeville! Don't buy into all the negative comments that yall don't have a chance, nobody gave Wayne Co a chance in 2011 either but they won. NCS is good but beatable on any given night

Congrats Greenback! I didn't think yall would beat CA but yall proved me wrong. Enjoy the experience and go leave it all on the field in Cookeville! Don't buy into all the negative comments that yall don't have a chance, nobody gave Wayne Co a chance in 2011 either but they won. NCS is good but beatable on any given night

Yous got Old Pirate hurting something awlful by bringing that mess up!

Size wise it sounds/reads like you all will match up well with NCS, but NCS is loaded to bear. They will probably put up too many points in the 1st half for you guys to recover from in the 2nd half when it reads like you all like to play ball.

As strange as it may seem after the last two weeks GB has actually outscored their opponents by more than triple the score in the first half.

Like I said previously we are the Best Team in the East! Way to go Greenback Cherokees. On to the big dance. Not too bad for a team that never got higher than 8th in the AP poll! How does the crow taste to a lot of you gurus. Lol

I believe I bad Greenback right around 7-8th all season. I was wrong on the Columbia Academy prediction. Greenback was the best in the east. However, as I have said all year. The west had 6 teams better than any of us over here this year. Again, I'm pulling for Greenback, but the next game won't be close.

Bull crap. Who didn't give you a chance? 3 or 4 pirate posters that don't know anything? This pirate called the 2011 championship game as a tossup and a 7 point game either way. That's what it basically was as well.

We've had a hand full of teams that I thought were capable of getting to where this team has got tonight...After watching so many of these teams since 1987 derail...I was beginning to wonder if I would ever see Greenback football reach this milestone again in my lifetime. I've always regretted not going in 1987, so I'm going to enjoy this championship game experience that my five year old self missed out on the last time. CONGRATULATIONS GUYS!!!

Just like I told the coaches that were still in the office..."Congratulations!!!, its been a long time coming...and no matter what happens next week, there's going to be a dn trophy in that trophy case." 

Well we started with a rag tag coaching staff that turned out to be outstanding and had the kids prepared EVERY week.The kids worked their butts off and this is the prize--WIN OR LOSE it their prize they will forever be enshrined with the Cherokee nation.I've been part of this week and it is something just to be a part of it.I know what's waiting but I don't CARE these kids will have a memory even losing cannot take away.But we are gonna go out trying.I know it hurts for some of you teams that are the real #2s,#3s and so on but we will be in Cookeville next week and WE ARE BRINGING HOME A BALL!They earned it.Oh yeah Bass CA will score at least 35 well GB is a pretty dang good REAL 1A school.

Good luck kees.....greenback and marion are huge underdogs next week but guess what? We both made it. A lot of jealous people will make fun of you and say you have no chance but at least you are still practicing. Work hard and see what happens.

Old Pirate says "Congrats" to the youngons in orange & black. Old Pirate almost felt at home there tonight. Sure glad OP & cousin Lester decided to detour watch this feud instead of going to watch that mess in Hampton. Old Pirate met a couple of fellers that were old timers and talked a spell. Recon it's great to wear the orange & black!

OP I want to just take a minute to say thank you for your kind words.Coming from a feller that has watched a ton of good football thru the yes and being an Old Pirate that holds a lot of water for me.I love small town football and I'm glad you got to see a good old fashioned physical small town team take it to a private school.They we very displeased with their assigned seating arrangements but we only have so much room and it WAS PACKED!We made them get rid of their airhorns and that upset them too but hey what's the home field advantage for any way LoL!I know for a fact that the people behind their kids were respectful last night the D coordinators wife was there and assured us after the game(she was the one with the sign that said I'm the one they warned you about on CoachT-I loved it).We showed CA class and a great venue to see a game,nothing like small town football.We going to the Ship!!!!!! Edited by orngnblk