Trezvant at Trinity Christian

TennesseeVol

Forrest was state champs in softball this season. I followed them the last couple games. Didn't even know TCA had a team.

I've congratulated you guys repeatedly on Goldsmith and your season and no one had a beef with those posts. They're still out there.

A Mr Football (which we also had) and a 2A semifinal (which we did not) is a heck of a year.

You all are very dramatic at times. Everyone is protective of their team but you guys take the cake by a mile. One little sentence as a joke gets a 5,000 word angry rant response.

Edited by Amerigha

Just looking at stats, TCA had one player with 120 total tackles.  No other player is within 40 of him.   He had 305 yards of the total offense of 405 yards avg per game.  

Thank you posting this!!! TCA was winning 17-0 in McKenzie before some player got hurt. TCA was outscored 44-7, losing the game 44-24. Some player that plays for TCA had 450+ yards of offense, scoring 7 of the 8 touchdowns I believe in one game. But hey, according to Intense and the radio guy, TCA is not a one man team. I bet a few TCA fans said "ohhh no here we go again" when the PA guy said "TCA Andrew Goldsmith is the injured player on the field."

Thank you posting this!!! TCA was winning 17-0 in McKenzie before some player got hurt. TCA was outscored 44-7, losing the game 44-24. Some player that plays for TCA had 450+ yards of offense, scoring 7 of the 8 touchdowns I believe in one game. But hey, according to Intense and the radio guy, TCA is not a one man team. I bet a few TCA fans said "ohhh no here we go again" when the PA guy said "TCA Andrew Goldsmith is the injured player on the field."

Who are you and who is your team? He scored 6 of 10 to be exact.

Edited by TCAIntense

Several people are busting the chops of TCA claiming that we are a one man team on this message board.  What I fail to understand is why they are not busting chops on Trezevent?  Trezevent's #5 has 65.7% of the rushing offense for the Bears.  That number is very close to the numbers posted by TCA's #7.  When you look at rushing and receiving, the Bears #5 is at 52.8% and TCA's #7 is at 55.8%.  Those numbers are very close and comparable, yet nobody seems to think Trezevent is a one man band.

Why is this?  Could it be bias against a private school and it's star athlete?  Me thinks that may have something to do with it.  

Who are you and who is your team? He scored 6 of 10 to be exact.

My team is North Side. I know my Indians have a few issues right now. We were a young team this year but also losing a lot of playmakers (kind of like of TCA in a way). I don't troll, but when someone trolls me in a way, I troll back. I do understand that this is a message board. I thought message boards are for fun stuff, yet telling the truth. I am an honest guy. I picked Trezevant to win 35-21 because they were a 4A team playing in a 2A class. Nobody agreed with what I said, and that's fine. And then after the game I hear "They were in a 4A class last year, this is not fair." I was right about what I said.  I'm not saying the TCA people said that, but I've seen people said that in other boards. I respect TCA, I do. I'm not one of those guys that is "butt-hurt" after someone criticizes North Side. If I do troll, I will say that Emmitt Gooden is one of the most overrated players in the state of Tennessee, and I believe the Mr. Football committee are selecting players based on potential and not stats.

My team is North Side. I know my Indians have a few issues right now. We were a young team this year but also losing a lot of playmakers (kind of like of TCA in a way). I don't troll, but when someone trolls me in a way, I troll back. I do understand that this is a message board. I thought message boards are for fun stuff, yet telling the truth. I am an honest guy. I picked Trezevant to win 35-21 because they were a 4A team playing in a 2A class. Nobody agreed with what I said, and that's fine. And then after the game I hear "They were in a 4A class last year, this is not fair." I was right about what I said. I'm not saying the TCA people said that, but I've seen people said that in other boards. I respect TCA, I do. I'm not one of those guys that is "butt-hurt" after someone criticizes North Side. If I do troll, I will say that Emmitt Gooden is one of the most overrated players in the state of Tennessee, and I believe the Mr. Football committee are selecting players based on potential and not stats.

Well, I thought NS was a really good team and had a great year. I was surprised they didn't go further. Your QB was an outstanding player, in my opinion, and I think he can play somewhere in college next year. When Craig was QB he made that team go and they would have been different without him BUT they had other playmakers and weren't a one man team. You don't get to the quarters or semis in any classification without a team effort. I pull for NS and Liberty in all sports. I think your basketball team has a chance to do real well. I am curious why I haven't seen Fullers name in the box scores for basketball. Is he injured? He's a great post player. I coached against him in MS and he was a load back then.

My team is North Side. I know my Indians have a few issues right now. We were a young team this year but also losing a lot of playmakers (kind of like of TCA in a way). I don't troll, but when someone trolls me in a way, I troll back. I do understand that this is a message board. I thought message boards are for fun stuff, yet telling the truth. I am an honest guy. I picked Trezevant to win 35-21 because they were a 4A team playing in a 2A class. Nobody agreed with what I said, and that's fine. And then after the game I hear "They were in a 4A class last year, this is not fair." I was right about what I said. I'm not saying the TCA people said that, but I've seen people said that in other boards. I respect TCA, I do. I'm not one of those guys that is "butt-hurt" after someone criticizes North Side. If I do troll, I will say that Emmitt Gooden is one of the most overrated players in the state of Tennessee, and I believe the Mr. Football committee are selecting players based on potential and not stats.

now this is a legit post with insight. Not just remarks about how one player went down and the team crumbled. And also how the fans went oh no not again when that one player went down. I love Northside. My family all went to Northside and Red has a cannon. I hope he gets a chance at the next level. And I know no one has been on a Northside thread saying anything negative about your team. TCA again was not a one man team. That would be like saying the Chicago bulls were a one man team with MJ. Was he a big part yes but it was the team that won 6 titles. TCA was a team. They could not have made it to the semi finals with out Goldsmith. But also they could not have made it to the semi finals with out any one of the other seniors. Leadership transcends any rushing yards or tackles.

Well, I thought NS was a really good team and had a great year. I was surprised they didn't go further. Your QB was an outstanding player, in my opinion, and I think he can play somewhere in college next year. When Craig was QB he made that team go and they would have been different without him BUT they had other playmakers and weren't a one man team. You don't get to the quarters or semis in any classification without a team effort. I pull for NS and Liberty in all sports. I think your basketball team has a chance to do real well. I am curious why I haven't seen Fullers name in the box scores for basketball. Is he injured? He's a great post player. I coached against him in MS and he was a load back then.

I respect that. I knew we will be good this year but we will struggle to have a good receiving core. For previous years, we always had two amazing receivers (2012 = Neylon and Rogers, 2013= Rivers and Currie, 2014 = Jones, Maxwell, and Averyheart). So Adam Criag and Red are great quarterbacks, but they also had great receivers. That wasn't the case this year and it showed up. Our best receiver was Dexter Pirtle and he is expected to be our quarterback for next year. A WR moving to QB but with no QB help. Thankfully we will have a good running back in Teddarius Wilson. Reminds me a lot like Eddy Lacy in a way.

7-8 years ago. North Side basketball was amazing in both boys and girls. In girls, Farris Lowery was our head coach (he is the current head coach at Huntingdon). We had a streak where we went to Murfreesboro. Sha Brooks, Amber Penn, Gwen Delk, and Brittney Williams was a great core of players that are now being successful young women getting ready to start a family.

Farris left because he saw the talent dropping off. And he was right.

Right now, North Side is pathetic. I hate to say it because these are 14-18 year old girls that I'm talking about. North Side secretly fired their previous head coach Shermon Reaves around Labor Day. It was too late so they head to go to the assistant for the head coaching job. Last year all we had was Jada Perkins (current Freshmen guard at Union). Our girls team last year, was a one man team (that was Jada). We are struggling. Struggling to the point where it is a comic show out on the court. We lost to Humboldt by 11 on the Monday before Thanksgiving. The following night I saw Humboldt in person against a good South Fulton team, Humboldt lost by 37 points. On that same night, our ladies were playing against a very good South Side team, and we were trailing by a score of 46-4 in the second quarter. We played Bolivar the other night, didn't score in the second half at all and only scored 11 points TOTAL. We play South Side tomorrow night. If you coached Middle School basketball, can you please help them. I feel sorry for them.

Moving on to our boys. I believe they will be good if they didn't lose both Julian Curry (a high IQ basketball player) and Khylan Sullivan (A deadly 3-point shooter). Chavis Fuller reminds me a lot like Zach Randolph. Not the biggest guy, but he's a bully and will get the job done. A good person as well. Diego Womack is our center, he scored 30 against Bolivar. And Marquis Clark is a tall guy as well but he's productive and can shoot the ball pretty well. I wish we had Curry and Sullivan back because I do believe we will be very very good. But we don't have the guards to compete with other teams in February. I did not see Fuller's name in the Bolivar game and I don't know if he is injured or not. I do believe our boys have one of the best front court in all of West Tennessee this year. Just not the guards.

Sorry for the long post.

Do I believe Tylaean Shaw can play at the college level? Absolutely. His arm is unreal. But he has no touch. He throws a bullet every time, whether if the pass is 5 yards or 30 yards down field. I also believe he does not know when to throw it away. He scrambles and sits for too long and he does not throw it away, which results in a sack.