Round 4. Marshall Co.@ Knoxville Catholic

Marshall1969

• Replies 389
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey Wise ... yea the Irish do have some big play guys ..#36 , #3 and #4 all big play guys .. they beat us ( Falcons ) on 3 big plays ..KO return , IT return both by #36 ( good player  and greta kid) and hit a 85 yard bomb #3  .. and the Falcons were used to doing that .. so yes they can hurt you with big plays like Falcons have in past ..  we had over 400 yards of offense and they had 250 but they still came out on top because of the big plays in 1st Qtr ..  the small QB they have is getting better too . he can elude some pass rush and hurt you with his feet. Ask Greeneville .. so I would say KC is favorite being at home even though we beat them at home they still play well there .. good luck to all enjoy the festivities  .. its a lot of fun .. my Falcons have to sit this one out .. but hey cant be there all the time I guess .. Wiseoldman -- when you think Giles be back to its old self ???

Want Q and I to save you a seat Friday?

snot nose brats?...seriously?.......your flappin your suk bout snotty noses to someone name Booger......Booger ant supportin the quo; Booger is the quo; Bro.....

absolutley 100% thats OK by Booger for, lets say; that Dentist or Doctor pay that tuition....philinthropy is a good thing

let ole Booger give you a scenario and see if you support it.....this ant just say.....a mechanic and a ex-stripper are payin tuition for 3 kids that they will sacrifice whatever they have to provide in their opinion the best educational environment for them; and they all play sports.....is that OK?

your a hater on Privates and Open enrollments both...you are lookin for a handout

Booger just sayin pick_your_nose_booger-2196.gif

Then good for that mechanic and the stripper. Very good parents for their sacrifice. But the school should be playing in a private league against other private schools. Fact of the matter is that many rural schools and parents don't have the option to make the "sacrifice" that you speak of and it is not fair to ask those schools to compete with schools that have an unfair advantage. I don't need no hand out that I can assure you. If your sacrifice is so great then quit trying to get patted on the back for it. Here you go..good job, you are doing great, way to sacrifice for the kid you created. Yadi yadi yadi. Is that good enough for you? You have been recognized! That make you feel better? Geez talk about looking for a hand out.

What a joke....booger...hmmm....boo who just saying

Catholic by at least 21 over Marshall County. QB is overrated.

BVDevil, honestly son, you should get out more. You said "they held the best running back in the state to about 150 yards ...". Your 5'6" 140 lb running back is the "the best running back in the state". So where is he going to play college football, this best running back in the state? hahaha I appreciate that you love your team, and the little fella has zigged and zagged for some yards, but come on. Greeneville overachieved this year and should be proud of the season they had, but wow you need to take those green colored glasses off. Funny guy. You're done now, by the way. Enjoy round ball.

what does going to college have to do with it? remember charlie ward? won the heisman as college FOOTBALLS best player.....plays/played in the NBA....you see what im saying here...and watch your mouth son, my boy is 5'7....LMAO....seriously though, i know and our coaches know we over acheived this year, no ones denying that, but in my personal opinion, there's not another RB in this state i would rather have had this season that Dabbs. Outsiders only see his physical size and weight. That kid is a monster for his size....squats almost 600 pounds, carried the ball over 40 times in 3 games this season..most of his 2400 yards were gained in the first half. So yah, im standing by my claim that Dabbs is the best RB in the state....sorry, the greene glasses are glued on.

Why .. aint gonna be any place to sit ... stands only on home side and alot reserved for Season Ticket Holders ... so maybe you guys can see from the fence on the West end or the road on East end ...

Took the post off since Qsouth explained Tadvols is a Fulton faithful and I guess a little salty from his teams rare early exit

Edited by justagoodoleboy

Catholics strength of schedule is 4th, they played 3 defending state champions, 2 on the road and two won multiple state titles, 8 of 10 teams played made the playoffs, they beat two teams on the road that were ranked 1 and 2 and were winners of the last 5 4A state titles. Yeah I can see how you believe Catholic has played a horrible schedule. Catholic played the early part of their schedule short handed due to multiple injuries to starters and then going with a third string QB. Catholic isn't a very deep team and losing any starter hurts them.

I think you are spot on, KC schedule has been pretty tough and they have held their own, I have respect for them in doing so. Now talking about depth MC has it and play up to 35 different guys every Friday night. This has been one of their best strengths all year, No two way starters and a 8 deep dline rotation. Not saying any of those 8 are better than KC highly touted tackles and Oline in general but they will get after it every play to the whistle. I personally think if MC limits the big play by KC offense they will be in a dogfight til the end. Even thou I was getting a little feisty and taking a shot in my last post I do have respect for the kids playing the game, it's about them and not us parents/adults. I love our kids at MC and I know y'all do the same at KC, hopefully it's a injury free game and whoever advances to cookeville will be able to compete with a full roster. It's not been brought up any but a lot don't know that MC had their best back Deandre Brown injured back in late July and has been out all season with a torn ligament. The two backs have filled in great for them but I can't help how much better that offense would be with another stud in the backfield.

I think you are spot on, KC schedule has been pretty tough and they have held their own, I have respect for them in doing so. Now talking about depth MC has it and play up to 35 different guys every Friday night. This has been one of their best strengths all year, No two way starters and a 8 deep dline rotation. Not saying any of those 8 are better than KC highly touted tackles and Oline in general but they will get after it every play to the whistle. I personally think if MC limits the big play by KC offense they will be in a dogfight til the end. Even thou I was getting a little feisty and taking a shot in my last post I do have respect for the kids playing the game, it's about them and not us parents/adults. I love our kids at MC and I know y'all do the same at KC, hopefully it's a injury free game and whoever advances to cookeville will be able to compete with a full roster. It's not been brought up any but a lot don't know that MC had their best back Deandre Brown injured back in late July and has been out all season with a torn ligament. The two backs have filled in great for them but I can't help how much better that offense would be with another stud in the backfield.

I agree. When teams get to this point in the season, it's quite obvious that they are talented and playing well. I'm sure Catholic is focused and not overlooking Marshall (no team can afford too at this point). You never know how the holidays will affect teams, and with no school you hope that the athletes are disciplined enough to get some rest and get up early. I plan on taking my son's phone to avoid those late night text sessions and giving him a curfew. I was reading your comment to Tadvols (by the way he's a Fulton fan and really does know his football) and I know privates get bashed for recruiting and all that but what people don't know about our kids at Catholic is most of these young men have played baseball, football or basketball together since 2nd grade. They are a really close group and wanted to play together. There are a hand full of high school coaches in Knoxville that specialize their teams and won't allow their athletes to play multiple sports. I teach in Knox County and I sent my kids to Catholic, both played sports. We are Catholic, the tuition was very manageable for their mom and I and the academics speak for itself. KCHS is a top 50 academic school in the nation and the teachers there could care less about athletic ability. My son was the middle school mvp as an 8th grader in basketball and he was an outstanding football player (Knoxville plays Metro youth football) and the only schools that ever approached him or myself about playing sports were public schools and none of them his zoned school. A lot of our kids attend the feeder schools as well. People (I'm not saying you) think when teams win they're cheating. It does go in cycles and Catholic does have some tradition. If kids receive any financial aid of any kind they are not allowed to play varsity sports. Sorry for rambling on. The focus needs to be the game. I'm more excited about the game then Thanksgiving. Unfortunately we don't have a Pal's (BVDevil I got there too late to get to Pal's but I did get a lemonade at CP) lol. Edited by QSouth89

I agree. When teams get to this point in the season, it's quite obvious that they are talented and playing well. I'm sure Catholic is focused and not overlooking Marshall (no team can afford too at this point). You never know how the holidays will affect teams, and with no school you hope that the athletes are disciplined enough to get some rest and get up early. I plan on taking my son's phone to avoid those late night text sessions and giving him a curfew. I was reading your comment to Tadvols (by the way he's a Fulton fan and really does know his football) and I know privates get bashed for recruiting and all that but what people don't know about our kids at Catholic is most of these young men have played baseball, football or basketball together since 2nd grade. They are a really close group and wanted to play together. There are a hand full of high school coaches in Knoxville that specialize their teams and won't allow their athletes to play multiple sports. I teach in Knox County and I sent my kids to Catholic, both played sports. We are Catholic, the tuition was very manageable for their mom and I and the academics speak for itself. KCHS is a top 50 academic school in the nation and the teachers there could care less about athletic ability. My son was the middle school mvp as an 8th grader in basketball and he was an outstanding football player (Knoxville plays Metro youth football) and the only schools that ever approached him or myself about playing sports were public schools and none of them his zoned school. A lot of our kids attend the feeder schools as well. People (I'm not saying you) think when teams win they're cheating. It does go in cycles and Catholic does have some tradition. If kids receive any financial aid of any kind they are not allowed to play varsity sports. Sorry for rambling on. The focus needs to be the game. I'm more excited about the game then Thanksgiving. Unfortunately we don't have a Pal's (BVDevil I got there too late to get to Pal's but I did get a lemonade at CP) lol.

OUTSTANDING post!!!

Then good for that mechanic and the stripper. Very good parents for their sacrifice. But the school should be playing in a private league against other private schools. Fact of the matter is that many rural schools and parents don't have the option to make the "sacrifice" that you speak of and it is not fair to ask those schools to compete with schools that have an unfair advantage. I don't need no hand out that I can assure you. If your sacrifice is so great then quit trying to get patted on the back for it. Here you go..good job, you are doing great, way to sacrifice for the kid you created. Yadi yadi yadi. Is that good enough for you? You have been recognized! That make you feel better? Geez talk about looking for a hand out.

What a joke....booger...hmmm....boo who just saying

to the average eye; there was a Teachin Moment with Booger there......but your Springill Raiders 3-7 season has caused an internal struggle with hatred of all the Privates and now the Open Zone schools.......this has shadowed your television......the ho world is now cheatin and got advantage on BooHoo....

heres a Booger Flash......you got spanked by 7 teams this season and they werent all Private and OZ's......are the 3 teams yall beat the only ones that dont have spoiled snotty nose kids......are they the only ones on the up and up.....

see; the mechanic and the stripper dont look at all the things they give up to put 3 children in a better environment as sacrifices....they dont blame the world; its what they are to do......neither does that Doctor or Dentist over at Marshall County......there not askin for freebees and there not callin everyone elses kids spoiled and snott nosed.....thinkin Booger might have an idea where the spoiled snotty nosed kids are

Booger just sayin %7B99A9D234-0F2C-46CF-8DED-6B97091CDBAC%