Round 4. Marshall Co.@ Knoxville Catholic

Marshall1969

• Replies 389
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

ok, so my appologies to the Marshall county fans and the catholic fans that didn't bash me for my part in the negative talk, I'll leave this thread with one final comment. Best of luck to both teams. My team just wasnt quite good enough to be part of this weeks games, so kudos to those that ARE still playing football on this thanksgiving week. Above all the argueing and trash talking that we do in here, I think it should be said that we are ALL very fortunate to get to watch all our kids work very hard and to grow and develop not only as athletes but as young men. Some of them get it sooner than others and i guess some never get it, but the best part of it all IMO is simply watching them put in the work. Safe travels to marshall county as you head east this weekend and a happy thanksgiving to all of you....yah, even you pudding and HUH.....LOL

I must say from first hand knowledge that a particular defensive lineman from a well above average defensive line I happen to know when asked about this, said "far, far from below average and well above average to best we saw this year". For what it's worth.

Tell your son great job on a great senior season from MC. He will never forget those special memories made.

Ruth Chris sounds good.

I have had the privilege of eating at RC's dozens of times in multiple states since the early 90's and always had a good experience no matter the location.....  especially since the company is generally picking up the tab :)      My favorite is the NY Strip, medium, with Au Gratin Potatoes.

ok, so my appologies to the Marshall county fans and the catholic fans that didn't bash me for my part in the negative talk, I'll leave this thread with one final comment. Best of luck to both teams. My team just wasnt quite good enough to be part of this weeks games, so kudos to those that ARE still playing football on this thanksgiving week. Above all the argueing and trash talking that we do in here, I think it should be said that we are ALL very fortunate to get to watch all our kids work very hard and to grow and develop not only as athletes but as young men. Some of them get it sooner than others and i guess some never get it, but the best part of it all IMO is simply watching them put in the work. Safe travels to marshall county as you head east this weekend and a happy thanksgiving to all of you....yah, even you pudding and HUH.....LOL

BVDevil your insight is welcome.

I must say from first hand knowledge that a particular defensive lineman from a well above average defensive line I happen to know when asked about this, said "far, far from below average and well above average to best we saw this year". For what it's worth.

And I know that he knows what he is talking about too. Best of luck to you and yours mcvolfan. Edited by leadfarmer

Tigers Fans - just in case you're interested and have the extra time (and $$$), Knoxville has a PF Changs, Cheesecake Factory and Ruth Chris.

Ah come on. If you're going to recommend Knoxville restaurants, you have to mention Litton's or Dead End. Neither are exactly close to Catholic though. Those places you mentioned are all nice, but I'll take my Litton's burger or Chandler's fried chicken and sides any day.

I see this game going VERY differently than what most are expecting. Win or Lose Marshall County defense is firing on all cylinders and will give KC fits all night. The offense is very capable of 3 yards and a cloud of dust, chew the clock type of game and suspect that's what they will try to do. The KC fans don't realize that, all they are seeing is that mr football QB and thinking passing team when in reality MC will lull you to sleep running a and b gap stuff then hit you with 15 yard passes on 3rd and 3. If I were a KC fan I would watch the game with EH, that will be the gameplan they will at least start with on offense. I wouldn't pay much attention to when EH had the ball because EH's offense is nowhere near explosive as KC, but the EH defense is top notch and MC played it perfect.

My 2cents FWIW.

The discussion is suppose to be about football, it went south real fast with all the negative talk about high school kids and coaches, but then again everyone is entitled to voice their own opinion. To the Marshall County fans good luck on Friday night and I'm truly looking forward to a very good, competitive game. Like I said earlier I know very little about the Tigers but to get this far you have to be a very talented team so I'm sure both schools will play extremely hard and give everything they have. Hopefully the kids will display better sportsmanship then what's being said on the T. When my daughter was playing basketball in high school their team bus had an accident going to regionals and some girls were injured coming from experience that's a call no parent ever wants. So I hope you guys have a very safe trip into K-Town.

THANK YOU sir!!!