1A State Championship-Greenback and NCS!

orngnblk

It's pathetic that the playoff system is this bad in Tennesssee to have a team that wouldn't have made it out of the second round in the west playing for a state championship. That's why it bothers me.. I'll speak to what I want to speak about. And I will make sure that everyone knows that Wayne County is the second best team in the state and its ashame that they had to face NCS in the quarters.

They're not going to send a team from the Knoxville area all the way across the state. You want a Cloudland or Hampton playing someone from Memphis in the first round?

Hoping for a big game from yours Coach - let's give that young man the rock 20 times.

Appreciate that 1962. He's an unselfish kid as all our backs are. On other teams each of them would get the ball 20-25 times a game and would be up in the top rankings. They each have unique skillsets, each are fast, each have power. None of them rarely get the ball in a game no more than 8 times. So you have to make those touches count. I'm looking for a big game by all of them.

sounds like a talent loaded area! Do CPA and NCS ever play in regular season? 

I wish we did. We can't get them or Ensworth to take a game. Our non-region games are really hard to schedule. I bet we'll probably get more people accepting those games once this senior class graduates. 

They're not going to send a team from the Knoxville area all the way across the state. You want a Cloudland or Hampton playing someone from Memphis in the first round?

Yup. I do. If you lost enough games that you have to travel to Memphis it is what it is.  We had to drive to Union City last year. It was almost the same amount of time as they're almost in Minnesota.

We love seeing former players show up at games. Those kids (dad1962 has one of them) played a huge part in this team being built from what it was just a few years ago. As far as I'm concerned, it's also their team, and they are part of why we are participating in the state championship game! Im sure GB feels the same way about your boy.

Mine is driving up from B'ham in the morning just for the game. He loves his school and this team and wouldn't miss being there for anything. Luckily he doesn't have Friday classes this semester. I know some of his greatest memories from high school were of his days on the field with his buddies and making that first run to the semis. He still works at the school in the summers and has spent many hours keeping the field looking good and getting the sidelines ready for the new bleachers. I am proud of the great group of kids that have come through this NCS program the past few years. They weren't always the greatest athletes but they helped set the standard for the work that was needed to match up against the best teams in the state.