1A State Championship-Greenback and NCS!

orngnblk

We love seeing former players show up at games. Those kids (dad1962 has one of them) played a huge part in this team being built from what it was just a few years ago. As far as I'm concerned, it's also their team, and they are part of why we are participating in the state championship game! Im sure GB feels the same way about your boy.

We love seeing former players show up at games. Those kids (dad1962 has one of them) played a huge part in this team being built from what it was just a few years ago. As far as I'm concerned, it's also their team, and they are part of why we are participating in the state championship game! Im sure GB feels the same way about your boy.

Oh yeah.He was an All State DT and a Captain.He was a good leader.I really miss seeing all three of them play.That's why I'm still here just can't let it go,I love high school ball.I helped coached the youth league when they were little.These small towns are something else!

From the Tennessean

CLASS 1A

GREENBACK (12-2) VS. NASHVILLE CHRISTIAN (13-1)

When: Friday.

After suffering semifinal losses in each of the past three seasons, sixth-year coach Jeff Brothers and Nashville Christian have finally broken through, securing the first state championship appearance in program history. The Eagles, led by Mr. Football winner and Tennessee commitment Daniel Bituli (71 tackles, 3½ sacks), are allowing just over 10 points per game — good enough for sixth in the state — and they’ve allowed just two opponents (Pope John Paul II and Wayne County) to eclipse the 20-point mark. Greenback hasn’t been quite as dominant defensively (14.0 points per game), but its semifinal win over Columbia Academy says just about all you need to know. After eclipsing the 40-point mark in each of its first 11 games, Columbia Academy was limited to a season-low 277 yards in a 21-14 defeat. Points could be at a premium in this one.

Murphy’s pick: Nashville Christian 34, Greenback 17.

Brown’s pick: Nashville Christian 35, Greenback 21.

Edited by thenextone

Guest Fall101

And good squirrel hunting weather. No more early game film on Sat morning. My boy and I love being in the woods chasin those tree rats!

Now you're talkin car guy! I love squirrel hunting. Got 3 dogs and love hearin them tree them dang thangs!

Now you're talkin car guy! I love squirrel hunting. Got 3 dogs and love hearin them tree them dang thangs!

Squirrel hunting, fishing, kayaking, car shows/drag racing/dirt track racing are things my boy and I enjoy away from football. The older he gets the more I realize how important those other things are because football aint a lifetime thing.

From the Tennessean

CLASS 1A

GREENBACK (12-2) VS. NASHVILLE CHRISTIAN (13-1)

When: Friday.

Greenback hasn’t been quite as dominant defensively (14.0 points per game), but its semifinal win over Columbia Academy says just about all you need to know. After eclipsing the 40-point mark in each of its first 11 games, Columbia Academy was limited to a season-low 277 yards in a 21-14 defeat. Points could be at a premium in this one.

I think we're going to see a good one tomorrow.  It's no secret that the GB staff had a great plan to shut down CA's #1.  Granted we have more offensive weapons than CA, but I'm still expecting a wrinkle from the GB staff designed to stop some of our normal stuff.  Execution on our part will be of utmost importance.  May need to get #12 and #35 some touches in ways GB hasn't seen before.

Edited by NCSdad1962

Guest Fall101

Squirrel hunting, fishing, kayaking, car shows/drag racing/dirt track racing are things my boy and I enjoy away from football. The older he gets the more I realize how important those other things are because football aint a lifetime thing.

I do all that as well! Killed me a deer just last week! I love dirt track racing, I go to college about 10 minutes from the worlds fastest 1/3 speedway. Up there every chance I get.

Edited by Fall101

No I was the tallest one with black north face jacket and purple TC hat. I grew up with seven. I was the third wheel standing beside them. I don't even know the loudmouth hillbilly that was standing with us for a little and seven doesn't know him much either. We quietly sent him on his way as he was hurting our rep and the vibe. He was out of line and we didn't like it. We usually stand on visitor side of field because no one knows us and we can watch the game. We also enjoy shooting the breeze with new faces when out of town folks come to a game. Talking fb while watching a game is our cup of tea. I'm pretty sure I know which one you are but got cozy with another ncs guy and couldn't make my rounds.

Creek bank were you standing around the goal post?

Creek bank were you standing around the goal post?

No. I was on visitors side near baseball field. I passed by field house a few times to talk to my dad. I'm 6'2 200 lbs black hair always with hat on. You may have seen me cause I have to go to home side and check in with wife couple times a game. Get drug into conversation by several passing through.