Ravunwould agin Mairvul (tha reemaitch)

STARSNBARS

Enough of the good sport stuff. I need to rant:

What is the point in not letting fans on field after game? The last game of night? R'wood and murvil (most of the schools for that matter) brought a lot of fans to TTU and cookeville to spend those dollars. Not enough $$ to allow the r'wood students out on the field with their classmates and family to celebrate the biggest sports accomplishment most will ever have? Shame on TTU.

I say let TTU keep their rules and t$$aa should look for a place that allows classmates and families the opportunity to walk onto the field. They might even cut a better deal for t$$aa. Other towns in TN could probably use the $$ too. #joke

No other team had fans on field so why should Ravenwood be any different. It is for the protection of the players. It only takes one nut to get in the face of a player on the other team to start and all out brawl. Plus would make the awards ceremonies much more difficult. It is all about the players and coaches at that point not the student body. If they wanted to be on the field they should have endured the months of workouts, practices and time spent by the team. #pettyenabler

I totally agree with you -at Brentwood academy we let the fans stand on the sidelines clear of the bench but it creates a great atmosphere. As you can see in the video from the ST X game - creates a lot of fun times

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=mJHnHL5OPmk

Enough of the good sport stuff. I need to rant:

What is the point in not letting fans on field after game? The last game of night? R'wood and murvil (most of the schools for that matter) brought a lot of fans to TTU and cookeville to spend those dollars. Not enough $$ to allow the r'wood students out on the field with their classmates and family to celebrate the biggest sports accomplishment most will ever have? Shame on TTU.

I say let TTU keep their rules and t$$aa should look for a place that allows classmates and families the opportunity to walk onto the field. They might even cut a better deal for t$$aa. Other towns in TN could probably use the $$ too. #joke

Edited by baylorbigdog1976

This was a great game with two very classy Tennessee programs.Ravenwood was loaded and Maryville will be a force again next year with those great young players.Those seniors have a little something to talk about as well,what a fine career for those guys.I've not read through any of this but said when it happened that there might  be those that will question the very best coach in the state.After " the punt " with around 4:00 minutes to go in the game.I still thought there was a chance and had it been a touchdown instead of a great defensive play for an interception,I wouldn't have been surprised to see Maryville get the onside kick and then a field goal for the win.That's what we always see and that's why you have to take your hat off to Ravenwood for making the awesome plays on defense and offense to win the game.I said early that these two teams were like looking at home and away of the same team.A shame that it's not like the world series and they don't play the best of 7.I don't have a dog in it but was pulling for Maryville.I guess after last years game,Ravenwood deserved one.I hate it for those Ravenwood seniors last year but they help set this up like Peyton's team did in 1997 for the 98 vols.Great game with two great coaching staffs and players.

Biggest disappointment was the Murvil fans that sat on their hands like they always do.

They are there to be seen and take pictures, but not to be heard. (well, except for the wacko in the concourse.)

But they all had those nice Nike polos and North Face jackets with matching toques. 

I couldn't agree more ... when the 2 teams came out from Half the Ravenwood fans and Students were Chanting , cheering , just being really Loud ... The Ravenwood team was feeding off of that and were totally Pumped up during the Warmups ... when a few Maryville fans around me and Myself started hollering and Clapping everybody around me just sort of looked at us like ... Why ?? Except for the few White Co Kids in their Football jackets sitting in front of us that jumped up and started Cheering .... seriously those Kids from another team were Louder and more supportive than anybody around us ... Us Maryville fans take a lot for granted ... I really hope next year our Fans can Learn from the Ravenwood fans and realize the fans can really energize the team ... I saw many of our Players throwing their arms up trying to get the Crowd fired up ... our kids ,  they deserve that . 

Edited by pepvol

You sure know something about a vicarious experience! Lol!

listen bladerunner im not playing your silly game. Grow up , ive lived here for 25 yrs and my sons play so im a fan and a program supporter. If your worhtless life is a disappointment its not my fault. Ive given you opportunity to come meet me ,you are a ðŸ±so gfy stfu. Edited by GREYRIDERx

No other team had fans on field so why should Ravenwood be any different. It is for the protection of the players. It only takes one nut to get in the face of a player on the other team to start and all out brawl. Plus would make the awards ceremonies much more difficult. It is all about the players and coaches at that point not the student body. If they wanted to be on the field they should have endured the months of workouts, practices and time spent by the team. #pettyenabler

boohoo, the guy that posted this is a MARYVILLE fan. His comment is legitimate and was meant for all teams (i believe). Personally ive never limed the venue because of their attitude toward fans (the ones that spend the $) and their police are mostly a bunch of arrogant behinds. Last year there were 8 or so jackboots chasing around a 9 yr MARYVILLE kid when he climbed the fence after the game, it was so bad that 2 of the MARYVILLE police officers got in between them. Just not a very good place. Rather drive another hour and a 1/2 to the Boro.

Then there is MARYVILLEs own admin who think that they run the whole dang show. Having the CPD harass their own students about standing on the railing. Some fans were asking why RWs students werent moved, it wad because their admin didnt ask for it. Isnt this all about the students and atheletes? And in a previous post about MARYVILLEs hand sitting fans well they are some of the very ones of which i speak. There is a change coming , the parents students and tax payers are tired of it , this good ole boy network is going to learn a lesson or two about how things are going to be no matter what their last names are. FED UP! Just a heads you to you because I know you monitor this board , you may intimdate and threaten our kids when they are at school but you dont me and you will not do it to mine ever again. We run you!

Edited by GREYRIDERx

Congratulations to Ravenwood!!

Hate that i wasn't there-got sick as a dog early saturday morning! the drive back today was awful-i need some antibiotics fer sure.

hope everybody has a wonderful Christmas and a Blessed New Year!!

I hope you get to feeling better bud. We sure did miss you at the game. Merry Christmas to you and your family. See ya next season! If you are in town for Christmas holler at me. We can go to the Christmas basketball tournament. Go Rebels!!