3A BlueCross Bowl: CPA vs. Alcoa

AlcoaBasketball

I agree 100%. I give it to the goons on here alot but Alcoa has been a great program forever and IMO has the best tradition in the state with Maryville and Brentwood Academy. I remember watching Shannon Mitchell and the great Alcoa players of the past play against BA in the clinic bowl.

Alcoa, in the championship game, has been essentially the TSSAA for 35 years. Im sure CPAs coaches and players know to be the best you have to beat the best and thats Alcoa.

Its going to be a great environment for the kids and fans. I wish both teams a safe and competitive game.

PS - If any goon references this post on the T ANYWHERE I will deny that I wrote it and blame it on my son.

I just took a screen shot of this post in case I need to reference it later. 😂

As for this game, I guess you could call it the rubber match (at least for now) since we're dead even in the all-time series.

And our 1989 team was pretty dang good, our first 15-0 team. That team had about half the players we have on the roster now. LOL

Edited by AlcoaBasketball

Well the goons just finished watching several CPA games. To us WHH was a better team than Liberty. Especially in the offensive run game.

CPA's defense is fast to the edges. #25 is a great scout. One surprise was to see #55,#71,#51,#17,#34,#25,#2,#9 play both ways all night. And, on special teams.

Alcoa's defense is better than Liberty's and will wear on the CPA linemen playing both ways.

Alcoa is not as strong this year running off tackle or pounding the rock but Alcoa should be able to run the ball as well as WHH. Alcoa passing game is much better. With CPA running a 3-4 and Alcoa's passing game preventing a load the box all night defense, I expect Alcoa to be able to run the ball well enough to be balanced.

Alcoa has held CPA to just 7 points in both games and I don't see them scoring anymore this game. The Defense wants the shutout!

From the games I watched....I see Alcoa winning a 21-0 to 28-7 type ballgame.

Edited by BCsportsfan

I'm just took a screen shot of this post in case I need to reference it later.

As for this game, I guess you could call it the rubber match (at least for now) since we're dead even in the all-time series.

And our 1989 team was pretty dang good, our first 15-0 team. That team had about half the players we have on the roster now. LOL

yeh the 89 ice bowl! I flew in from FLL and my buddies drove me from TYS straight to the game Snowing most of the way there! Almost froze! Great time at the Hotel I think!?? :)) Go Tornadoes!!! go Kees!,, and GO Rebs!! Oh yeh Go Catlick and Go Bears!!

A little better does not comply to me as a compliment almost an insult we will see in just a few days..

Yep you must be an idiot if saying a little better is not a complement. It is what it is Liberty's D is one of the best in the state but you're so high on your donkey you don't think anyone is anywhere close to being as good as alpo. Hope you get knocked off again jack hole.

Edited by TECHY

I don't see a 21 point loss. Anytime there is rumor of the opposing team's D being more physical, Coach Martin takes the challenge by slamming running play after running play up the middle. Sometimes, the opposing team with all their D1 players (say Peachtree Ridge) look like they've lost after one drive because they just had their #### handed to them. No way that I'd predict the same against a great program like Alcoa, but I think the challenge will be there. I've slept since last year, but wasn't that the way we scored on the first drive last year?

I see a low scoring game again. Alcoa likes to do the same proving they are more physical. I think Omer #45 will be last year's Hockaday. Of course I hope we win, but either team could by a small margin. If there are big plays, I think we'll see CPA executing them (long pass or return).

Bottom line, I think it'll be another very good game to watch. To me, football is best at the high school level. Safety to all that travel and play!