3A BlueCross Bowl: CPA vs. Alcoa

AlcoaBasketball

I think the issue most MidTn people have with CPA or NCS is that they take alot of the good talent from the area and then beat up those teams with their own kids. If those teams were in DII nobody would care. Its tough to build a good support system if the privates take your best players, put them in a great off season program and then destroy you in a region or playoff game.

It's that time of year for someone to present the fact that 17 or so of the starters were at CPA in kindergarten... I'm too lazy and that Sportsnerd dude isn't around... Afterward someone will say, "What about basketball???" in the football forums.... Etc. Etc.

There are lots of good public school teams near CPA that I think wouldn't say CPA would destroy them - Independence, Ravenwood, Centennial, Hillsboro, Pearl Cohn (yeah, I know we beat them in the regular season)...

I still think the majority of MidTN that have a problem with CPA are those that don't even play CPA. Or those CPA have played that say craziness like "that's the best team money can buy", yes, I've overheard this twice because our restrooms are near the visitor sidelines... Have they not heard of Ensworth, BA, or MBA??? We are below the poverty line in comparison!

I have been known to state my opinion about the public / private / open zone deal probably way too much over the years. What I am wondering though is, at this point, why does it matter? Not that anyone doesn't have a right to opine about what ever they wish on the T, but with the new TSSAA plan for 2016, isn't the issue (for D1 privates) pretty well decided and separated? I can't imagine any of them doing away with the discount they provide for multi child families, which is what the TSSAA is hanging their hat on. Am I missing something? Isn't this a debate over an issue that has already been decided?

I spoke to a private school parent at the state soccer tournament who said they would have to go D2 because they had many parents who helped out at the school and that this would no longer be allowed under the new rules.

dang girls...yall are havin a hard time gettin sum of those presbyterians to wrestle on here with ya.......Playerscoach is all yall have....dispointed...free meal for Booger Friday?

Booger just sayin soccer.gif

Like you said Booger "I (PC) don't know football" so they really dont have anybody to play with. 😥😪

Edited by Playerscoach

It's that time of year for someone to present the fact that 17 or so of the starters were at CPA in kindergarten... I'm too lazy and that Sportsnerd dude isn't around... Afterward someone will say, "What about basketball???" in the football forums.... Etc. Etc.

There are lots of good public school teams near CPA that I think wouldn't say CPA would destroy them - Independence, Ravenwood, Centennial, Hillsboro, Pearl Cohn (yeah, I know we beat them in the regular season)...

I still think the majority of MidTN that have a problem with CPA are those that don't even play CPA. Or those CPA have played that say craziness like "that's the best team money can buy", yes, I've overheard this twice because our restrooms are near the visitor sidelines... Have they not heard of Ensworth, BA, or MBA??? We are below the poverty line in comparison!

I don't doubt that a lot of those kids have been there. I don't coach anymore so I'm going strictly off of what other coaches/friends have told me. On another forum someone said that kids that went to East Hickman now play for NCS. I'm sure that CPA has a few freshman and sophomores that came from other middle schools. Even if kids that come from other schools to CPA or NCS don't actually start they do help with overall player depth. Which helps with injuries. Things schools like East Hickman have troubles with. CPA has a great coaching staff that could help with any young player. So I see why a kid would want to go there. I've enjoyed watching CPA play during the playoffs. They play hard and don't make many mistakes. I'd like to see #45 have a good game this weekend. Really tough kid! But I still think Alcoa will be too much

Haha poor BC. You got what you wished for. CPA will be too much through the air for you guys.

I say 17-7 CPA. Good game though.

As far as going to CPA both my HS kids are happy living on the lake and at their school. Ingle would love for my son to be there, or so he says, and my daughter is known in basketball and soccer by their coaches. Good school but too far from the lake life. :)

Cant wait for the rematch. Should be a good one.

"Ingle would love for my son to be there, or so he says,"

Glad no recruiting is going on at CPA!

I spoke to a private school parent at the state soccer tournament who said they would have to go D2 because they had many parents who helped out at the school and that this would no longer be allowed under the new rules.

so whos collectin gates; helpin with parkin and deep fryin the wennies and bananas at the PUB ballgames

Booger just sayin  :rolleyes: