3A BlueCross Bowl: CPA vs. Alcoa

AlcoaBasketball

You know, at first glance I would have agreed with you. But they didn't run very well on us either. Don't know the second game total but the first against CAK was about 100 yds on 38 carries if memory serves. YET, they still managed to beat CAK by 26 and then 24, and beat ND by 40. So one way or another, they are getting it done. This is not an elite Alcoa run game, but it IS an elite Alcoa TEAM.

Good luck to both teams and no injuries. Safe travels, wish I could be there!

Yea, I was a little concerned about the offense and the different look they had. It was totally different look. Alcoa had been very balanced up to the ND game.. I later learned the offense used that game as a scrimmage to work on some other stuff for the Championship game and did not want to show all their cards.

Yea, I was a little concerned about the offense and the different look they had. It was totally different look. Alcoa had been very balanced up to the ND game.. I later learned the offense used that game as a scrimmage to work on some other stuff for the Championship game and did not want to show all their cards.

It doesn't surprise me that as the game became "in hand" CGR used the opportunity to tune up what he wanted to work on.

We will see here in a few hours how this all stacks up. I'll say 21-7 Alcoa, possibly 28-14 / 28-7. I would be surprised if CPA scores more than 7-14 on that defense, and I would be surprised if Alcoa generates more than 21-28 against a strong CPA defense. I see a competitive game in the first half, with Alcoa putting it away as the 2nd half progresses with several CPA players playing both ways.

Confirmed!👠I was given the same information just a few minutes before kickoff last week.

It doesn't surprise me that as the game became "in hand" CGR used the opportunity to tune up what he wanted to work on.

We will see here in a few hours how this all stacks up. I'll say 21-7 Alcoa, possibly 28-14 / 28-7. I would be surprised if CPA scores more than 7-14 on that defense, and I would be surprised if Alcoa generates more than 21-28 against a strong CPA defense. I see a competitive game in the first half, with Alcoa putting it away as the 2nd half progresses with several CPA players playing both ways.

Spot on with my thoughts and hopes! Hopefully the F5 can bring the gold back to the best region in 3A!