5A state title game sevier vs Indy..

steelerfan32

1. Blade wasn't even at OR when we moved down to 5A. 2. He never avoided Maryville, we played them every year he coached @ OR. 3. We were never in Maryville's district. 4. 91 is right. He took us to the semi's in 2010 and we played Maryville good that year losing 38-20 and in 2012 losing 39-25 after being tied in the 4th. What are you talking about? You lost me here?

Sweet I haven't been myself lately for some reason.Your right. The playoffs were close but the season games weren't and that has a lot to do with getting kids to take something serious the second time around. The reason I like Oak Ridge personally is because they were the dominator back when I was in school and I would hate to ever see that program fall from grace. Who dropped Maryville Blade or Gaddis? How did Gaddis come up with all these good players and not Blade?

Didn't Blade end Quarles long winning streak in the title game when he was at Hillsboro?

One of the biggest reasons Maryville lost that game to me had to do with losing our go to man on the opening kickoff in that game. Every trick play in the book GQ had involved that one key player. I think he may have learned something from that game to not put all the eggs in one basket involving one man. Hillsboro was a good team but had GQ had not lost his go to man I feel certain he would have been able to pull a rabbit out of his hat like so many times before.

Indy looked awesome last night. I did wonder why the 1st string was still in with 4 minutes to go with a 49 14 lead. Should have given backups some time.

That was the only thing I have to say negative about that game last night Rebelron. Other than that Indy won in convincing style. To bad the T$$AA has this thing watered down to sixty something teams per class or we might have been able to seen a game between Indy and Maryville.

Sweet I haven't been myself lately for some reason.Your right. The playoffs were close but the season games weren't and that has a lot to do with getting kids to take something serious the second time around. The reason I like Oak Ridge personally is because they were the dominator back when I was in school and I would hate to ever see that program fall from grace. Who dropped Maryville Blade or Gaddis? How did Gaddis come up with all these good players and not Blade?

That's Gaddis' specialty (getting players out) Blade wasn't so good at that here. For whatever reason kids just didn't go out for him, and we had some transfer, too. Zak Stuart from West a few years ago was one, who was a great player. We had another go to Fulton. His name eludes me at the moment. Penny Smith who was Fulton's QB a few years ago was also originally an OR kid, I do believe. Edited by SweetScience

That's Gaddis' specialty (getting players out) Blade wasn't so good at that here. For whatever reason kids just didn't go out for him, and we had some transfer, too. Zak Stuart from West a few years ago was one, who was a great player. We had another go to Fulton. His name eludes me at the moment. Penny Smith who was Fulton's QB a few years ago was also originally an OR kid, I do believe.

Sweet I was thinking the kid that played for West last year that went to Georgia Tech was a product of Oak Ridge also. Correct me if I'm wrong.