Hampton 2016

uknoit2

I wouldn't be surprised to see these schools return to playing twice a season now...The gate is massive when these two meet.

The dad/son thingy will make this game even bigger than before....Huge....Especially if Hampton was to drop to 1A

Yes, if they are in the same region again? What a gate and what a story. Coach against pupil, father vs son at the two bitter rivals. That's Sportcenter material.

• Replies 517
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes, if they are in the same region again? What a gate and what a story. Coach against pupil, father vs son at the two bitter rivals. That's Sportcenter material.

Michael will be all to heck. He's a lot like the the older version in his younger says. One thing for sure,he'll work his rear off and he won't be intimidated by anyone. A bunch of heart and pride.

Michael will be all to heck. He's a lot like the the older version in his younger says. One thing for sure,he'll work his rear off and he won't be intimidated by anyone. A bunch of heart and pride.

Hampton will be TOUGH! There are already some things gonna happen to let Jr know we've got his back and all he'll have to do is worry about coaching FB.

If Michael wasn't there, I'd be crushed that Mike was leaving...But instead, I'm very confident about the future...The boy is SHARP!  :thumb:

Eh The head coach is gone, typical mike lunceford whenever he faces a re-build and some possible Ls on the record he heads for presumably greener pastures, if it were my choice and of course it isnt i let him take his kid with him..like father like son bring someone in who loves hampton and is willing to rebuild and reestablish

Not sure how you can say Mike runs away from rebuild, from what I have seen he just reloads year end and year out wherever he is!! He certainly will not be going to greener pastures for now IMO.As for being like father like son....... This Dad is very glad that Michael is alot like his father!!! Because we are getting a very well deserving young man,that has earned his right to be a head coach at Hampton!! He has a wealth of knowledge about this game, has bust his butt for these kids and LOVES Hampton!!! Remember, this young man played at HHS for 4 years, and has coached for several as well!! I would say he is willing to re-build, reestablish, or reload cause he loves these kids and this community!! And he has OUR support!!!

You nailed it Pujo! And what more could anyone ask for in a coach? He HAS EARNED this opportunity, and I am one that is Sad to see the older one go, but he has left this group in very capable hands!!

I guess we will see, nothing like the good ole boy way of doing things. So much for loyalty

Not sure how it can be labeled good ole boy way, when everyone knows we are getting the best young coach in the area!! IMHO both sides wins!! CHS deserves a leader who can get the program back up were it belongs, and Mike can do that!! HHS, deserves the best coach to replace him, and IMHO, we are getting that coach!!

Not sure how you can say Mike runs away from rebuild, from what I have seen he just reloads year end and year out wherever he is!! He certainly will not be going to greener pastures for now IMO.As for being like father like son....... This Dad is very glad that Michael is alot like his father!!! Because we are getting a very well deserving young man,that has earned his right to be a head coach at Hampton!! He has a wealth of knowledge about this game, has bust his butt for these kids and LOVES Hampton!!! Remember, this young man played at HHS for 4 years, and has coached for several as well!! I would say he is willing to re-build, reestablish, or reload cause he loves these kids and this community!! And he has OUR support!!!

Hampton will be fine but Mike has his work cut out for him at Cloudland. He'knows what it takes and he'll have a lot of good help. Cloudland will fine in time. 4 wins is what I expect ,anything else will just be a positive.

Radio said it was a done deal and would be made official on Friday. Also heard Michael was the front runner at Hampton. I think both schools will be in good hands.

That is good news.Im happy my son will get coached by your brother.Eli will be happy he will get to play football with Levi. Pujo I think our sons age group has some talent.If your brother gets some other kids their age to play Cloudland should have good size on the OL and DL.

Edited by rjp119