Marley Steps Down at USJ

@38320

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Based on resumes, this is a homerun hire for USJ. Coach Bradley has now got to win State for USJ. Don't exactly know exactly how good USJ will be in 2016. They lost a pretty good amount of players. 88-30 in nine seasons. Won state twice. Great hire by the University School of Jackson.

Edited by TennesseeVol

Some of y'all guys acted like USJ will never be the same. It looks like they wanted a different voice and someone better. Don't give me any of this doctors and lawyers stuff, that's about as BS as it gets.

You know, every program has parents/boosters/administration who are "trouble" for coaches...voicing their opinions about play calling, personnel, or what is sold at the concession stand. Suppose those "fans" contributed great amounts of money, or had a large influence in the community? Just food for thought.

Now lets discuss the "different voice and someone better". I have no ties to USJ nor Coach Marley, but everyone not living under a rock for the last decade has a measure of respect for him and the job that he's done there. I'll give you the "different voice", but the "someone better" is yet to be determined. CAK is a respectable program with a stellar record over the past few seasons, so naturally you procrastinate that with Coach Bradley USJ wins multiple championships in the near future...if that happens and nothing negative surfaces, I'll say that USJ made a good hire, albeit at the expense of a good man. 

Edited by tradertwo

You know, every program has parents/boosters/administration who are "trouble" for coaches...voicing their opinions about play calling, personnel, or what is sold at the concession stand. Suppose those "fans" contributed great amounts of money, or had a large influence in the community? Just food for thought.

Now lets discuss the "different voice and someone better". I have no ties to USJ nor Coach Marley, but everyone not living under a rock for the last decade has a measure of respect for him and the job that he's done there. I'll give you the "different voice", but the "someone better" is yet to be determined. CAK is a respectable program with a stellar record over the past few seasons, so naturally you procrastinate that with Coach Bradley USJ wins multiple championships in the near future...if that happens and nothing negative surfaces, I'll say that USJ made a good hire, albeit at the expense of a good man.

It will be interesting to see if he can attract the type of athletes that he had at CAK. I have seen the best of the best in USJ teams. And those teams couldn't hold a candle to the CAK teams that went back to back a couple of years ago.

North side played 1-9 Craigmont. That is the same as a bye. That was the only point you made. The rest of your post has no substance thus making it difficult to debate. You seem well informed at times. On this, however, you could not be more wrong my friend. North Side may beat USJ nine times out of ten. That had nothing to do with what I said. Two guys have the same record. One needs fired and the other is the best? You seem smarter than that. You should digress on this one my friend.

North Side plays with what gets off that yellow bus...USJ plays with what gets out of that Lexus from the "beautiful people" side of town....North Side plays in D!...50 plus teams in their class...USJ plays in D2..what....8 teams?...

Edited by cofo

North Side plays with what gets off that yellow bus...USJ plays with what gets out of that Lexus from the "beautiful people" side of town....North Side plays in D!...50 plus teams in their class...USJ plays in D2..what....8 teams?...

Gryphons and Spartans reside within DII...no cakewalks there, and presumably after the reclassification next off season there will be more. The "recruiting wars" will heat up within the Windy City/Old Jackson/Mclellen/Country Club loop if the privates are all classified together, and with this hire USJ just might tip the scales against TCA  for the top "private school talent" influx. BPM makes a great point about amassing the same level of talent that he had at CAK...not sure that all the alphabet schools in Jackson could combine and do it, and in some years even that might not be enough with some of the monster teams that Webb has fielded, and the possibility that Ensworth and a few more that play in the large division being classified within the smaller division (their enrollment is comparable to USJ).

Gryphons and Spartans reside within DII...no cakewalks there, and presumably after the reclassification next off season there will be more. The "recruiting wars" will heat up within the Windy City/Old Jackson/Mclellen/Country Club loop if the privates are all classified together, and with this hire USJ just might tip the scales against TCA for the top "private school talent" influx. BPM makes a great point about amassing the same level of talent that he had at CAK...not sure that all the alphabet schools in Jackson could combine and do it, and in some years even that might not be enough with some of the monster teams that Webb has fielded, and the possibility that Ensworth and a few more that play in the large division being classified within the smaller division (their enrollment is comparable to USJ).

I don't think you will have any that are currently in the large class move down. But you are correct in that St. George and Webb are very good teams. You add in the possibility of having to face CPA, Lipscomb and Knox Catholic and it gets much tougher.

But let the recruiting war begin. Just for my buddy dhs..... I hope they strip Liberty dry. :)

Edited by BIGPURPLEMACHINE